Dustin and I had a lot of good Christmas card ideas this year. We start brainstorming in August because it can take awhile to figure it out. This one was the first we threw out there and it just happened to stick. Back in 2008 our card was Steelers themed and they won the Super Bowl a month later so I'm hoping this year's Pens theme has the same great luck.
Fingers Sticks crossed!
Although I loved the hockey/Pens theme I didn't think it would work if we were just outside or in our house taking the photos. We both thought it would be way cooler (pun intended) and authentic if we could actually pose on an ice rink. RDV popped into our heads and before I knew it I was emailing the director about our idea. I knew it was a strange request but she and the staff were so nice and helpful. We arranged to get there 30 minutes before their public skate started. I loved that idea because no one else would be on the ice and the lights would be nice and bright. I love the smell of ice rinks. There is a mix of sweat, cool air, and something else I can't quite put my
finger nose on but it makes me happy. I've never walked on ice before since I'm from the good ol' Sunshine State. I was surprised that it wasn't nearly as slippery as I thought it would be. Dustin and I didn't have any trouble walking around and posing. We had so much fun for the whole 15 minutes we were there. And Dustin got to play around with our puck. WITH OUR HOCKEY STICK ON THE ICE. I mean, it doesn't get any better than that. Till next year!
Merry PUCKING Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.