Thursday, December 18, 2014

Currently

Reading: Not That Kind Of Girl by Lena Dunham - Katie was ever so kind to let me borrow her book. So far I'm liking it but I don't know if I'll be able to say that by the time I'm done with it. I've heard VERY mixed reviews of this book and I can already tell there will be parts I hate. The thing is, I'm not one of these girls who is obsessed with Lena. I like her. I think she's awesome in a lot of ways but she isn't imaginary bestie material like Olivia Munn or Taylor Swift. So we'll see. I'm trying to finish this book before the new year so I'll have one last book under my belt for 2014. Wish me luck!

Watching: Lately I've been obsessed with 'Property Brothers at Home' and 'Rehab Addict'. HGTV is my jam. It's my go-to station when nothing is on. These two shows have been on non-stop and I don't mind one bit. The only thing I have a problem with is subway tiles in bathrooms. Yes, I agree that it's a great look but seriously every home show puts them in every damn bathroom they redo. I know there are other materials these people can use so why don't they?! It drives me nuts.




The Newsroom aired it's series finale last Sunday and as per usual I bawled my damn eyes out. It's just such a good show that got axed way too soon. But I will say they wrapped things up perfectly. I will miss Will and Mac and Sloane and Don and Maggie and Jim and Neal and Charlie.


Dustin and I went to see Interstellar a month or so ago but I never wrote about it. It was stellar! I mean, I don't even know how to put a movie like that into words but I'll try. First of all, the space scenes are beautiful. The first planet they go to with all the water though - straight out of my nightmares in an awesome but seriously scary way. But at the heart of it it was about a father and daughter and their relationship through time and space. It was a long movie but worth it. And P.S. I want TARS and/or CASE. I feel as strongly about them as I do about Wilson.


I also recently watched Daniel Radcliffe's What If. I loved it. LOVED IT.  It's totally my kind of romantic comedy. First of all there's the cast: Daniel Radcliffe (who is killing it with his movie choices), Adam Driver (GIRLS), Mackenzie Davis, & Zoe Kazan (kind of want her hair cut...). Second of all it was just the right amount of indie, romantic, sweet, charming, smart, etc.

Listening to: Serial Podcast. Pat got Dustin into it and then I started hearing EVERYONE and their mom talk about it so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. The very short and short of it is, it's a 12 episode podcast about the murder of a high school senior back in 1999. Her ex-boyfriend was convicted of the murder and has been in jail ever since. So basically the whole podcast is going over the evidence, the facts, the theories, and talking to Adnan himself to piece together what really happened. I just listened to the last episode and was hoping for more. More of what? I'm not sure. More witnesses, more hard evidence - something to say one way or another that he was guilty or not. It's a very intriguing story and if you're at the gym, sick of the radio, or at work - take a listen.

Trying out: MovBand. I recently got one of those fitness bands through work that track my overall moves, steps, and miles. I've been wearing it for a week now and I've been really enjoying it. I've noticed it makes me want to walk more or take the long way or just randomly start dancing to build up my moves! It's a little too bulky for my tiny wrist but I'm making it work. I've even inspired Dustin to get a FitBit. Dustin's has a lot more options like sleep tracking, caller ID, & syncs to an iPhone app. but I love that both of our bands have been pushing us more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.