Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Adjectives

So I was introduced via Facebook and general word of mouth to this lovely little (actually quite large) dreamy wonderland of a store in Altamonte called Adjectives. I went there a few weeks ago and browsed for hours by myself. I kept texting Katie photo after photo saying things like "YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!" and "YOU WOULD LOVE IT HERE".  It's kind of hard to describe but the short and short of it is they sell antiques and vintage things from several different vendors. It reminds me of all of the cute Deland stores rolled into one. So if you're looking for a unique gift or something from the past, this is the place to go.

A week later Katie and I had arranged to go together. She and the girls came over to my place and then we took some impromptu Photo Booth photos using my iMac and were on our way. Since she came all the way from Deland I told her I'd drive us around. We were on our way, jamming to Taylor Swift, when we got stuck at some train tracks. We waited and waited and no train ever came but the crossing signals stayed down. Tons of cars started to go around them but that seems like a really stupid idea to me since a train could be coming at any time. So I got out of my car and asked the car behind me to back up so in turn I could back up and we could all go a different route. But of course no one budged. Thanks assholes. So I hopped the curb/median and turned around. We finally made it to Adjectives after taking the super long way to get there. Better be safe than sorry!

Of course Katie loved it as I knew she would. Hell, everyone would love this store. Young, old, no matter your style, taste, I'm sure you can find something in there you'll want to buy. We had the best time going through records, smelling soaps. and just being awestruck by all of the things around us.

When we were done we headed over to Panera for lunch. The place was packed and we ended up sitting at the "bar" with the girls. It worked out just fine though. Once we had eaten we moved on down the road to browse DSW. At this point the girls really got the hang of the paper fortune teller thingy I made for them. They kept having Katie and I ask it questions and they'd tell us our awful/funny fate. It was so awesome to see a new generation enjoying something we made in the 90s. Ha! I died laughing when Aubrie asked it if Katie was a good mom and the answer it gave was "Nope ;(" . Even Katie died laughing.

We wrapped up our afternoon with a stroll around Cranes Roost Park. We found a bench and played another old school game - M.A.S.H. We each did it and it was the most fun ever. It's so fun watching Katie's girls be kids. I've seen them as babies for so long but they are full on kids that can read and hold full on conversations and have their own opinions and also are incredibly smart. Til next time ladies!

  Photo on 11-23-14 at 11.18 AM #2

Photo on 11-23-14 at 11.17 AM #3

Photo on 11-23-14 at 11.17 AM #2

Photo on 11-23-14 at 11.17 AM

Photo on 11-23-14 at 11.20 AM

Photo on 11-23-14 at 11.20 AM #2

Untitled

Untitled Untitled Untitled

Untitled Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.