Watching: True Detective. Siiiike. Dustin and I watched the first episode and were not impressed. But we gave it another try with the second episode. And we ended up turning it off 20 minutes in opting to watch Boy Meets World instead. Yeah, this season of True Detective is awful. It's boring. It's all over the place. I mean half of the show are aerial shots. Are they going for some kind of world record? I love Vince, Taylor, Rachel, & Colin but it sucks. I won't be wasting any more time on it.
10 Years. I rented this off Amazon last weekend because it had been on my "to-watch" list for a long ass time. It's got an indie feel but with a lot of well-known actors (Channing Tatum, Chris Pratt, Justin Long, Aubrey Plaza, Kate Mara, Rosario Dawson, etc.) It's a movie about, you guessed it, a 10 year high school reunion. I first heard about it when I read that the writer and director of the film is from Orlando and although it's not autobiographical there are mentions of Lake Howell High School and the famous Pretzels bar. They filmed in New Mexico but the homes definitely have a FL feel. I liked the movie a lot! It was funny and had heart without being over the top.
Two Night Stand. This is another movie I rented off of Amazon because it had been on my list. (Yes, I have a movie list where I handwrite movie titles I want to see so I don't forget - but especially ones that I know I won't see in the theater.) Anyway, I love LOVE Miles Teller. I think he is just unbelievably charming in every single movie he's been in. And this movie was no exception. It's a cute romantic comedy if you're into that sort of thing. I so am, which means I loved it.
Reading: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. Thanks to a friend on GoodReads (such a great app!) and seeing a movie trailer I was very interested in this book. So interested that I started reading it last week and I'm almost done. The title sounds so sad and morbid and year there are sad parts but it's mostly pretty funny and awkward but mostly funny. But the best thing is it's set in Pittsburgh! I didn't know that going into it but when the main character started saying "yinz" and bringing up Ben Roethlisberger, I was all OH HELL YEAH!
Loving: Nicole by O.P.I. It was last Thursday and I swung by Target to browse - as one does. I was in the mood for a new nail polish color and ended up going with a mint. I was also on the hunt for a new top coat. I was so close to buying a $10 top coat from Essie (I KNOW. I want to smack MYSELF!) when I decided to go with the Nicole option for half the Essie price. First of all, this manicure was one of my best ever. I was proud. But the fact that it's been 6 whole days and my manicure is still in tact is a miracle. The lesson here is that less expensive doesn't always mean it's shit. I highly recommend it!
Excited about: My motivation. I'm slowly starting to check things off my list. You know the one I mentioned in my birthday post? Yeah, things are slowly in motion. It feels good to make some progress on things I've been putting off. There's nothing like "old age" to get your ass in gear. HA!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.