Dustin and I drove over to Titusville to meet up with Rachelle and Matt for some good ol' Dixie Crossroads. We go at least once a year and it's always with the Bentons. We all dove head first into the corn fritter basket and Dustin and Matt got more than their fix of rock shrimp. Oh the memories. Mmmm. Once we stuffed our faces we all headed up to Port Orange. Dustin and I wanted to see Jurassic World again and since Matt and Rachelle hadn't seen it yet we figured it would be the perfect opportunity. The thing was that we had about 2 hours to kill before the next showing. We spent that time strolling the aisles of HomeGoods and Michaels. Finally it was time! I told Dustin "Well, it was just as thrilled the second time around". I was even more excited that Rachelle and Matt enjoyed it too! We had the best time spending the day with those two but it was time to head back home.
Dustin and I woke up super early for no reason at all on the 4th. So we decided to go to Publix at 7:45AM to pick up the necessities for our party for two. We bought Dr. Pepper in glass bottles, hot dogs, chips, mac salad, apple pie, and ice cream. Yeah, it was pretty much a weekend of eating really great food. We always watch the Coney Island Hot Dog Eating Contest. How it became tradition I do not know but it is in our house. I couldn't believe Matt Stonie beat Chestnut. It's always a disgusting/interesting few minutes.
Dustin bought Bunch O Balloons after I had sent him a photo a couple weeks back. We thought the 4th was the perfect time to put them to use. We had a little trouble filling them up at first but once we got it down we were good to go. The only thing is they just kind of bounced off each of our bodies without breaking. So I started to throw them at Dustin's feet so they'd break and then splash him. It was so much fun. I don't often get those "little kid rushes" because I'm old now but when I do it always feels so good. When we were done with all of the balloons Dustin had the genius idea to dump the bucket of water over our head which totally took me by surprise. Ha!
We didn't watch any fireworks this year. I mean I love fireworks as much as the next person but going to watch them somewhere is such a hassle with the crowds and traffic and bugs and heat. Yeah no. We typically stay home and watch from our front yard which we didn't even have any interest in. Instead we cuddled up and watched Boy Meets World. And it was perfect! Here's to all of you who didn't follow tradition this year! Sometimes it's better to do your own thing or make up your own traditions. All in all it was a wonderful holiday weekend.
Dustin bought Bunch O Balloons after I had sent him a photo a couple weeks back. We thought the 4th was the perfect time to put them to use. We had a little trouble filling them up at first but once we got it down we were good to go. The only thing is they just kind of bounced off each of our bodies without breaking. So I started to throw them at Dustin's feet so they'd break and then splash him. It was so much fun. I don't often get those "little kid rushes" because I'm old now but when I do it always feels so good. When we were done with all of the balloons Dustin had the genius idea to dump the bucket of water over our head which totally took me by surprise. Ha!
We didn't watch any fireworks this year. I mean I love fireworks as much as the next person but going to watch them somewhere is such a hassle with the crowds and traffic and bugs and heat. Yeah no. We typically stay home and watch from our front yard which we didn't even have any interest in. Instead we cuddled up and watched Boy Meets World. And it was perfect! Here's to all of you who didn't follow tradition this year! Sometimes it's better to do your own thing or make up your own traditions. All in all it was a wonderful holiday weekend.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.