Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Tattoo Story: Part II

Two months and three more sessions later and my cover-up tattoo is officially all done!

You can read about how the first part of my tattoo journey here.

The second session was the worst healing-wise. Oh man, it was terrible! For whatever reason it was painful and extra scabby. I even texted Cortni to ask if it was normal because I have never experienced that in all of the tattoos I've gotten, but she said sometimes it can heal that way. I barely got any sleep that week because I couldn't sleep on my back. Whine whine. But no pain, no gain right?

Out of all the sessions, the third was the most painful. Apparently going over scar tissue hurts like hell. And I can now say from experience that it sure as hell does. It was the hardest sitting to get through by far. I winced and sighed and took deep breath after deep breath. It was no fun at all. But again, I signed up for this and I've got to say that through all the pain and uncomfortableness it was absolutely worth it. What was once a weird little lightning bolt in an odd place on my back is now a blooming heart.

My pores got really big in one area of the tattoo and the ink was not taking because of that during session 3. So I had to come back today for my mini session to touch up the area and fill in the last flower. It went by so fast. Cortni, Dustin, and I just talked about Star Wars. Cortni and I bonded over our shared love of Jar Jar. #TeamJarJar  But Jar Jar gets a bad rap and I don't like it. Ha!  She also informed us of Nintendo Land which is apparently coming to Universal. Basically we just nerd out the entire time I'm laying there in pain. It was great though. It made it go by fast and kept my mind off the pain. Mostly.

It's just so crazy to think this journey has come to an end. I've had this idea in my head for so long and it took forever just getting around to making the tattoo appointment. And now I'm all done. But I'm super pumped to just have this beautiful work of art on my shoulder forever. It makes wearing racerback shirts that much more fun!

Now it's time to get to thinking about what Harry Potter tattoo I'll get. Hmm...

If you want a badass tattoo, check out Cortni at All Saints in Ormond Beach.
Her work can be found on her Instagram.

 Untitled

IMG_7778

IMG_7777

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.