I can't believe the shower has already come and gone. It just seems like yesterday Rachelle was telling me she was pregnant! I mean, little baby girl Benton will be here in no time.
I drove to Palm Coast where the shower venue was located. It was actually in an area in north Palm Coast that I wasn't very familiar with, but I didn't have any trouble thanks to my trusty GPS. I was blown away when I walked inside. The room was filled with little pieces of fall (pumpkin centerpieces/favors) and tons of pink (duh!). I loved the pink roses everywhere. It was decorated beautifully.
Since it was a brunch there were a variety of breakfast-y dishes. I honestly don't know what some of them were but I can say they were all delicious. There was a egg casserole and then there was this french toast like concoction with bacon sprinkles. Ridiculous!
I knew a few of Rachelle's family and friends so it was nice seeing them all again. Rachelle introduced me to her boss who knew Dustin when he was a kid. She was very sweet and we chatted for awhile. Palm Coast is such a typical small town where everyone knows everyone which I've always thought adds to it's charm.
After everyone got enough food, Rachelle and Matt opened the mountain of presents. They seriously might need a U-Haul to bring all of it home. Ha! Baby Benton got hooked up! I was so excited to finally give them the giant bag full of goodies I had been collecting since I found out they were expecting. I got them a few outfits because little baby clothes are so fun and every girl no matter what age needs a jean skirt and skinny jeans! The baby shower invite requested books instead of cards which I think is a wonderful idea to get the little library started. I ended up buying 3 books because I just couldn't decide on one. Also I'm a huge reader and I want all kids to enjoy books as much as I do. I gave them If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (a classic!), Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever (a favorite of mine growing up), and Jimmy Fallon's new one called Your Baby's First Word Will Be Dada. I gave them a canning jar sip cup which I hear are great (and a tad hipster but aren't we all?). But my most favorite gift I gave was a baby quilt I had made from a variety of fabric. Some of the fabric was bought from a fabric store and others are pieces of shirts. I had a vision in my head of what I wanted it to be and somehow I exceeded my own expectations. I purposely made it not really matchy matchy but yet the fabric pieces still work as a whole. And I love the navy blue border/backing. I just was really excited about the eclectic look. I hope Rachelle and Matt love it as much as I do.
I had a really good time celebrating with them and their other friends and family. I was a little nervous going alone but it worked out just fine. Dustin isn't into baby showers (which I totally get and it's never bothered me) and plus it was football Sunday. He actually picked out (and paid for) a little outfit all by himself which I thought was so sweet. Dustin is just as excited for them as I am but he just goes about showing it in a different way.
We cannot wait to meet this little girl!

* * * * *




















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.