Sunday, December 22, 2024

2024 in Fashion

One thing about me and "fashion" is I don't give a shit what is "in" or "out". (And you really shouldn't either.) I like what I like for as long as I like it and that's that. I'll never own crocs but I'll forever love a t-shirt. I'm not going back to cargos (sorry Dustin and Kierce) but I occasionally still enjoy a skinny jean (got to embrace that millennial in me).  I don't think my style has a name because it falls in so many different categories based on the day and event. If I'm going to work it falls more in line with preppy fun. If I'm at home I am definitely in my fave bed-rot attire. If I'm hanging out on a weekend it can range from jeans and a t-shirt to a romper depending where I'm headed. I'm very much a dress for the event/weather practical kind of girlie. 

My takeaway from combining all my favorite outfits in collages below is that fun and colorful ruled my year. I have the Old Navy Taylor pants in red and light blue. My favorite of the year are my purple pants from Target that I wore for my birthday and every other chance I could after that. I literally chased a woman down while walking on Orange Ave., firstly to compliment them, and secondly ask where she got them. 

I'm happy to report I was finally able to wear the velvet midnights dress I originally bought for The Eras Tour on Taylor's 35th birthday for, you guessed it, a Taylor Swift dance party. It was a tad big and had to be pinned but still it was fun to finally have my Stevie Midnights moment. I also finally scored silver loafers (Anne Carlson gets it!) on sale at Old Navy. I'm currently obsessed with my black sailor pants. I think of them as upscale JNCOs. My slip-on checkered Vans are always a staple but this year I added a pair of Old Skool in neutral beige. 

I've never taken more photos of myself than I have this year. I think it's mainly because I finally feel confident in my body, which is really fucking nice. Bodies are forever changing, especially for us women on the perimenopausal brink, so I'm just going to enjoy the moment in my current skin. 


IMG_6629 

  IMG_6645 copy 

  IMG_6635 


  IMG_6633 


  IMG_5954 IMG_5955 


  IMG_5957 


  IMG_5956


IMG_5953 


  IMG_6634

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.