Monday, December 23, 2024

Last Weekend

Taylor at Tuffy's

When Angela asked if I wanted to go to the latest Taylor Swift party at Tuffy's I immediately said yes. I rarely, if ever, turn down a Taylor night. So that's what we did on Taylor's 35th birthday also Friday, the 13th. 

Thankfully it was a chilly ass night in Florida and I finally got to wear my Midnights inspired dress that I had originally bought for The Eras Tour. It's velvet and long sleeved so I would've died had I actually worn this to her show. However, this particular evening and event was the perfect time for it to make its maiden (and probably only voyage). It's a bit big on me so I had to pin it here and there. I will most like be selling/donating here pretty soon.

I parked at Angela's house because she lives so close AND she has a golf cart (Sanford IYKYK) which she so kindly offered to chauffeur me in. We took in the Christmas lights on all the brick streets in the historic district of Sanford while the chill of the air turned our noses pink. 

We sang. We danced. We laughed. We were even given friendship bracelets by some sweet fellow Swifties based on our outfits. Santa himself even showed up and danced along to 'Christmas Tree Farm'. 
Everything will be alright if we keep dancing like we're 22.  And we did until we both started to yawn. We had an early morning so we called it a night. 

IMG_6092

IMG_6099 IMG_6094

IMG_6102 IMG_6103

IMG_3924 2 IMG_6093

 

Palatka Party of Three

Just as I had left Angela's I was right back the following morning, bright and early at 8:30 am. We then made our way to Katie's house. There was a bit of a miscommunication about who was driving (I offered since Katie has been so busy) but she wanted to drive. I was about to park my car and transfer all our stuff to her car, but she ultimately decided it was ok if I drove. This Palatka trip was 6 months in the making and very much a Katie Day, so if my girl really wanted to drive then I was more than happy to accomadate.

It took an hour winding through the back roads of Florida. It was overcast and cool. I was ever so grateful for this amazing weather we were getting back to back. First stop was at this little honey stand where Katie made sure to look through their little library options. If you're into cowboy romance then there is a book in there for you!

We drove over the bridge and there she was - Palatka, Florida, hometown of our very own Katie Murray. We went to The Magnolia first because food and caffeine were a priority. There was a short wait but luckily the cute restaurant is attached to an equally cute antique store, like Cracker Barrel but better. We strolled around and looked at all of the vintage and handmade items while we waited for a table. Katie was drawn to a vintage cowgirl cutting board. She ended up inquiring about getting the same design on a smaller piece of wood. Fingers crossed the artist can do it!

I almost fell out of the seat as I was trying to sit down. Beware of moving bench while sitting! Breakfast was amazing. I got French toast with berries and a side of eggs. Angela and Katie both got a wrap. I am not exaggerating at all when I tell you Katie emptied their entire cookie jar while we were all cashing out. She got so many cookies the to-go box wouldn't even close. But hey when in Palatka...and also their lemon cookies are fire.

We walked around downtown and got a tour of the brewery next door and wandered through Elsie's Bells Antique Store. Next stop was the Ravines which I was most excited for. Katie has always talked this park up and even has a tattoo of it on her arm. Before we entered the park we walked around the market right in the front. As we walked along I noticed out of the corner of my eye a rogue tent spinning in the distance. It was a windy ass day and this happened multiple times to the poor woman just trying to entertain with some Christmas songs.

While Angela was talking to a vendor Katie and I were approached by a healing psychic. Does it look like we need healing? OF COURSE IT DOES. She was super sweet and although we didn't get a healing reading, we did get compliments on all three of our outfits. Dustin got me this ALF shirt for Christmas more as a joke than anything but I wore it the first chance I got. The girl at the gas station I stopped at that morning even said to me "OMG IS THAT ALF?!" and when I replied yes she then humbled me so quickly with "My dad loved that show growing up!". Ok ok, just knife me to the chest why don't you.

We explored the Ravines as best we could given that none of us were dressed in appropriate attire. There are a shit ton of stairs but worth it to get to the bridge and the creek and the woods. We did have to pass a Moss Monster which I swear was straight out of The Blair Witch Project but other than that 10/10 experience. 

We ended our day with a drop by of the ever delightful Five Below to see if they had a shirt Katie was on the hunt for. Not only did they have it but I also got one because it was so Darlin'! We made a quick visit into the Goodwill across the street before calling it a day and heading back. 

It was such a lovely time getting a proper tour of where it all started for my bestie. We drove by the house she grew up in and the schools she went to. With every turn there was a memory she shared with us. I highly recommend traveling back in time to where it all began with your closest friends. 

 IMG_6124 IMG_6122 IMG_6168 IMG_6127 IMG_6166 IMG_6163 IMG_6125 IMG_6133 IMG_6132 IMG_6126 IMG_6152 IMG_6136IMG_6280 IMG_6135

IMG_6143

IMG_6156

IMG_6170 IMG_6177 

IMG_6274

  IMG_6248 IMG_6247 IMG_6260 IMG_6257 
 IMG_6265 IMG_6268 IMG_6205 IMG_6193 IMG_6203 IMG_6207 IMG_6208 IMG_6219 IMG_6216
IMG_6240 IMG_6241 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.