Monday, December 16, 2024

Shop Small (Hands)

I had mentioned my plan to shop small to Val weeks prior to actual Shop Small Saturday. She didn't realize it's been around since 2010, so I explained how the Saturday after Thanksgiving is when you go out and support small businesses extra hard!

My plan was to hit up a few of my fave small shops in town first thing in the morning. Val asked if I wanted to meet up with her and Taylor for her first Shop Small Saturday and I was like duhhh. We got there a little too early and just hung outside talking and taking in the gorgeously perfect weather that was that particular day. 

We bought some goodies and had a good time at Good Crowd. Before heading to our next location, I gave Val her early bday present...Taylor Swift's The Era Tour Book. I've been so psyched being on the sidelines of her Swiftie journey the last couple years. She had just been to Taylor's show in Miami the month prior; so what better way to commemorate the end of THE era? I also wrote inside a very 90's inspired card how much I love her and it totally made her cry. Mission accomplished. Ha! I took her photo in front of the Papa Johns because what a backdrop.  

IMG_4901 IMG_4896 IMG_4889 IMG_4895 A3D8E30C-6C68-4845-AE92-1228DCC1798E

IMG_4688 

We then headed over to Lake Ivanhoe. As we walked to Maffrey's we just happened to walk by THE Santy Claus himself. Apparently he also likes to shop small too. Can't blame him! Sorry elves. After Maffrey's we ended at YAY! where we were mesmerized for far longer than you'd expect given the shop barely holds a few people at a time; but boy is it packed floor to ceiling with the cutest damn things you can't find anywhere else. 

Before parting ways on our successful shop day, we walked across the street and had a little photoshoot with a lovely tree (that we all tried to sit on and all fell off of), THE Lake Ivanhoe itself, and Taylor's new tiny hands I gifted her from YAY!. They really are so fun and the star of any photoshoot. Perfect stocking stuffers for your loved ones.

I loved hanging with you girlie pops!

IMG_4882 IMG_4904
IMG_3107 IMG_3110 
IMG_5003 IMG_4992 
  IMG_4952 IMG_4926 IMG_4918 EDF42C1B-63BE-4B00-8D99-5FDCFB8EC572

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.