Monday, December 9, 2024

Kacey with Kaycee

A week ago I got to see my girl Kacey, with my other girl Kaycee. We first made friends with Michael and then she caught me up on her most recent Eras Tour experience in New Orleans. 

We were both so impressed with Nickelcreek who we were introduced to that evening. They've been a band since the 80s! Their musicality was entrancing and their cover of Toxic was chef's kiss

We both were familiar with Lord Huron but weren't super fans by any means. Well, then we both fell in love with Ben Schneider and now we're running away together as a throuple. Sorry Javi and Dustin but it is what it is. We'll send a postcard!

Kacey came out at 9:30 pm, which we laughed was our typical bed time - not even a joke. At all. She was just so chill and cute the entire show. She was also barefoot most of it! She played so many of my faves especially from Golden Hour (which is just a perfect album all the way through). And I got justified off star-crossed! I absolutely loved her covers of SZA's Kill Bill and Brooks and Dunn's Neon Moon. 

I was so happy to hear Follow Your Arrow live. It brought me back to when that song had just came out in 2013 and I was immediately obsessed as someone who hasn't followed a "traditional lifestyle". Then Erin told me she was moving at the end of the year and I was big time sad. We planned on getting matching arrow tattoos as a tribute to our friendship but also a nod to following our own path. In the end she chickened out (which I still give her shit for) and I went through with it. She also chickened out for our boo/ghost tattoo. We have plans for when she's down for my 40th next summer. Third time's the charm? Ha!

Untitled

Some day I really hope to see her play these live:

Pageant Material
Biscuits
Family is Family

Golden Hour
Wonder Woman

star-crossed
breadwinner
camera roll
what doesn't kill me

Deeper Wells
Dinner with Friends
Anime Eyes

Thank you Kaycee for spending the evening with me. <3

Keep me in your glow.
'Cause I'm having such a good time with you. 

IMG_5123 IMG_5135 IMG_5133 IMG_5159 IMG_5158 
IMG_5212 IMG_5217 IMG_5223 IMG_5230 IMG_5267 IMG_5280

Snip20241208_1

              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.