I feel like it's part of millennial culture to say every year is the worst year yet. Oh we thought last year was bad but this one was HELL. To be fair, it's not far from the truth. However, in my own little personal bubble, 2024 was one of my best...up until November 5th.
I felt good in body and mind. I'm proud of myself for creating the habit of moving my body in different ways on a consistent basis. I'm proud of myself for journaling or talking out all the thoughts swirling in my head. I reached out to my old therapist and had a few end of year sessions with her because I do care about myself and others. I realized I needed more help and I sought it out. I want to do my part in being the best version of myself for me and everyone I love.
The mems with friends from this year fill my dark little heart with joy. From Nicole's Dungeon of Dudes to Candlelight Coldplay with Gaya. All the Swiftie dance parties. All the amazing Finer Things meals. All the new music. All the live music. Bowling at Primrose Lanes for my birthday. Almost getting hit by a baseball while at a Ray's game. Meeting Nikki Glaser. The themed classes at Tribe Yoga. Katie as Shania. Seeing the Solar Eclipse. AVA's lipstick making field trip. Actually going down a big ol' waterslide at Joanne's 40th. Dressing up as Fred Flintstone for Halloween. Being interviewed by the University of Minnesota on being childfree. Saving a kitten!
Even the best years have their bullshit and 2024 was no exception. From the Hurricanes (lost power with Milton for a few days) to Kamala losing the election. From my stabbing ear pain in the beginning of the year that turned out to be another TMJ symptom. Saying goodbye to pets and people.
I do not have much hope for 2025. I don't expect it'll be as good to me as 2024, and the pessimist in me thinks it'll be mostly shit, but I am determined to find pockets of joy, no matter how tiny. I don't want to have too high of expectations even though there are a plethora of milestones to be celebrated in the coming year - me and so many friends turn 4-0, Dustin and I will celebrate 20 years together come March, and Aubrie is graduating high school.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.