Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dave and Buster and Andrew

(I can't find my battery charger for my camera. PANIC. WHINE. POUT. The last pictures I was able to take before the battery died were at the Color Me Rad 5K. So now I'm out of a camera. All photos below are taken with my iPhone 5 which is decent in decent lighting and horrible in darkness. So I did the best I could which isn't great. So yeah, I'm in the market for a new camera (and video camera since that is shitting out on me too). I know I know, first world problems.)

FRIDAY: It was all Dustin and I could do to not watch the (horrible) news for updates regarding the search for the other jackass involved in the Boston Marathon Bombing. We were glued to the TV all night until finally they caught the little piece of shit.

SATURDAY: We arrived at Dave and Busters around 11:30AM to start the celebrating of Dustin's 28th. Or continued celebration rather. Erin was already there and gave Dustin his present in the parking lot (Steelers freezable mug!). The three of us went inside and after 10 minutes of trying to figure out the damn card machines we were off to play games. Erin and I got in a game of air hockey while Dustin played 'Buck Hunter'. Then the rest of Dustin's guests arrived (enter Pat and Sam!). Time to get this party started. We were all 10 years old again running from game to game. We played basketball, skee-ball, 4-way air hockey (intense! and so dangerous!), 18-wheeler, raced all sorts of different vehicles and the list goes on and on. I played DDR and sucked pretty good. Erin was awesome. And Sam sucked the most which is ironic because she is the dancer out of all of us! Ha. Silly games.

We ate in their restaurant and although it wasn't the most enjoyable (waitress, food took forever, checks were all kinds of messed up) we made the best out of it. Dustin and I were especially annoyed that the kid sitting at the booth behind us was always climbing all over OUR SIDE OF THE BOOTH. Hey, I get it, it happens. Totally fine. But when it happens our entire meal, it's just not cool. We didn't say anything to the parents and WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. I could rant about it forever but I'll just leave it at that. Wait, I'm not done...just look at the photos below of Dustin and I. The kid photo bombed all of the ones taken of Dustin and I at lunch. Ok now I'm done. Ugh.

We continued to play games but eventually we were all beat. Who knew video/arcade games could wear you out so much? Sam and Pat gave Dustin all of their tickets to add to the ones we earned. All in all he had over 1,000 tickets. He circled the prize area a dozen times before finally deciding to just save them for next time. I mean he could have gotten Dave and Buster boxers or better yet a sunglasses/stache combo!

  Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled
Untitled

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled

We all parted ways and Dustin and I headed home. I changed into jeans and was out the door again! Off to pick up Erin and enjoy an evening with Andrew McMahon. Once at her place, she showed me the cute stuff she got from HomeGoods and then we were off again. We had a little time to kill so we parked in a garage and walked to Lake Eola for a minute. It started to sprinkle so we high-tailed it to Orange Ave. in case we had to duck into some random bar for cover. We went into a random bar anyway because we both had to pee. It was the darkest, grossest bathroom I've ever been in. Yeah not the best way to start the night but us girls can overcome anything.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

We got to the venue 30 minutes before the doors even opened, so we just waited in line with everyone else. It started to sprinkle again. Then just as we were going inside it started to rain a little harder. We really dodged that bullet raindrop.

Untitled Untitled

We waited inside for another 30 minutes. Erin grabbed a beer and then we found the perfect spot up the steps on the side of the stage. No tall people could ruin this experience! No people at all because Erin and I were kind of secluded (for awhile anyway). I had never been to this venue. Apparently it used to ONLY be a club but now it doubles as venue and club. Kind of weird but it works. It's very dated inside but has a cool vibe. The A/C blasted the whole time and froze us out. The cold air smelled of distant cigarettes mixed with that old building musk. It was surprisingly familiar and comforting.

Kate Earl was up first. I've heard a few of her songs but wouldn't really call myself a fan before seeing her live. After her set however, I am 100% a fan. She sang beautifully. She looked adorable. She was so incredibly likable. Plus she gave the crowd free posters and stayed to sign CDs and pose for pictures. 

Here are a couple songs of hers that got my attention:
One Woman Army (A wonderful song in itself but the lyrics are for her son. He's a lucky little dude.)

Untitled 

Next up was a band I had never heard of and they did not put on a memorable show. So moving on...

Before Andrew came out, Erin made friends with the security guard that stood next to us the whole time. He asked what type of music Andrew played and she responded "Piano rock." Then he said "Like Elton John?". OMG. We both started laughing. Not quite.

I went downstairs and ordered my first beer. From a bar. In a venue/nightclub! AND it wasn't even for me! Ha. I got Erin a Miller Lite and I got myself a water. I felt totes cool until I bumped into a random person and spilled some of the beer on my hand. Bye bye coolness.

And then the moment we had been waiting for since we bought our tickets back in January. ANDREW MOTHERFUCKING MCMAHON. He sang Something Corporate songs. He sang Jack's Mannequin songs. And also some new ones that are coming out very soon. Erin and I screamed our heads off. We would look at each other and smile ear to ear and then scream some more. I've seen Andrew 6+ times and he never disappoints. He rocks the piano. He rocks the crowd. He is just awesome. 

The night was amazing and went by entirely too fast. Our legs and feet were so sore that we could barely walk out of the place. But we went home happy with the memories fresh in our head. 

Untitled Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.