Friday, April 5, 2013

Friendly Friday: Nicole

I met Nicole six years and three jobs ago. What started as a friendly co-worker relationship quickly blossomed into a full on Taco Bell loving friendship. She's the real deal in every sense. She knows exactly who she is and is proud of it. Her confidence is inspiring. She bleeds black and gold and is smart as a whip. Her supportive nature is a breath of fresh air and her words are always so fierce and eloquent. She's bad ass with the sweetest heart.



Favorite quote:
There is only one god and his name is death
And there's only one thing we say to death
Not today
- Syrio, Game of Thrones
Whether you think you can, or can't, you are always right.
- Henry Ford
Celebrity crush:
Um...
Jensen Ackles
Chris Hemsworth
Andrew Lincoln
Scarlett Johansson
One piece of advice you'd give your 16 year old self: Always keep your enthusiasm for learning. Keep dancing. Do not torture yourself for every mistake you will make. You are human and still young. Its going to happen. Let go of the coulda, woulda, shoulda, and just let yourself live. Always stand up for yourself. Never compromise your happiness.
Beauty item you swear by: My chapstick and Olay face wash.

Untitled 

What does your typical weekend look like: It depends. A lazy weekend consist of sleep, reading, watching tv and movies. And drinking my whiskey or wine.
Best book, movie and/or song in the past month:
Book - I've been in a weird funk, lately. I'm attempting to get out of it by re-reading one of my favorites.
Comics - I am however almost caught up on the walking dead. Which, I encourage anyone who is a fan of the show, to read the comics. They are way more bad ass!
Movie - I previously said that I will watch movies on the weekends. They are usually movies I have already seen, though. I have not watched one that I haven't previously viewed in a long time.
Song: I don't have a particular song. I am excited for David Draiman's (lead singer for the band Disturbed) new side project in April.
Favorite fictional character of all time: Good grief! I could be here all day!
Buffy Summers - the chosen one! She is strong and powerful. I grew up with her. She was a tad whiny, but at the end of the day, she always got done what needed to be done. What this character has done for me alone could keep me here all day.
Peter Parker - Spider-man! Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy and Firefly, among other kick ass things) clearly is a fan of the spider. The comparisons between these two characters is ridiculous. For the record, my love for Spider-man was years before Buffy came into my life. Peter Parker is your average guy. He has to work, he loves his girl, he is always trying to do the right thing, and he is always down on his luck. Parker gets his ass kicked a lot! Relatable! Spider-man is his strength. What Peter Parker accomplishes with his alter ago is amazing. Ha! See what I did there? Peter Parker/Spider-man has and forever will be my ultimate hero.


What are you passionate about: Life! Laughter! Love! Always trying to be the better version of myself. Being less judgmental and hateful. Standing up for myself and my loved ones. Even if I'm standing up to a loved one. People should be allowed to live their lives in a way that is best for them. Stop trying to push your beliefs or whatever nonsense onto others. You don't live their life. Their choices aren't yours to make. And vice versa. Just stop with the bullshit! Support the ones you love but do not attempt to run their lives. Be happy that they are happy.
One goal you'd like to achieve by the end of the year: Our wedding! Our way!
Describe yourself in 6 words or less: One impressive mother fucker!
What does friendship mean to you: The most important thing to remember about a friendship is that it is a relationship. Some unfortunately end badly. Some aren't forever but still have a positive impact. There are many different types of friendships. Know which type of relationship you have with each friend. You have to be the type of friend you would want in return. Cherish and love the friends that truly matter in your life. Support them, cry with them, laugh with them, challenge them. Leave them if that is the necessary form of action. People walk in and out of our lives for many different reasons. Hold onto the positive memories. Learn and grow from the negative. Always hold onto the people who really matter. Your heart knows who they are even if your brain doesn't know it yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.