FRIDAY: Totally killed it at the gym. Elliptical. Arms/Legs/Abs. Treadmill. Yeah!
SATURDAY: I met up with Erin for yoga. We both looked at each other wide eyed and annoyed when we noticed there were three kids waiting for the same class. There are certain places parents should not bring children and yoga is one of them. I took a deep breath and tried to stay positive. The class started and the kids were fine. I didn't notice them for a little while. But 10 minutes into it they got bored (DUH! They are kids. They rather be on a playground than in a yoga class on a Saturday morning!) and started to distract me and probably everyone else in the room. They were fidgety. Then they started walking around. One went to the bathroom so of course the other had to follow. The selfishness of these parents almost ruined MY experience. The instructor who is the nicest human being you'll ever meet had to say something to the parents because they certainly weren't taking the initiative to control their own kids. Despite all of that it was a good class. I really pushed myself and I'm certainly feeling it today! Our instructor added a few new poses and really helped to adjust us so we were doing them correctly. She's always so inspiring and supportive.
Contacts side note: I wore contacts to yoga for the first time and it was so nice to not have to worry about my glasses sliding down my face while in downward facing dog.
After yoga, I had a long list of errands to run. First up was getting my hair trimmed. It has been 4 months since I last trimmed it so it was about time. The hairdresser said it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I explained that I am growing my hair out and only wanted the tiniest bit taken off the length, layers, and bangs. She cut my bangs dry and "dusted" them to take away the heaviness. Then she washed my gross sweaty yoga head. I find it funny that every time I am getting my hair done they ask if I have ever thought of dying my hair and I always tell them about the one time I was so allergic to the dye it left a chemical burn on my scalp and neck. They immediately back off which I appreciate. She trimmed just a 1/4 inch and did a great job. She was really informative about the kinds of products I should use without be too pushy. She asked if I was married because she "saw my ring" and I told her I was and that we had been together for 8 years, in which she replied "How old are YOU?". When I told her 27, she said I looked a lot younger than that. So that's kind of awesome! Even though I don't mind looking 27. And she liked my lightning bolt tattoo which is really awesome. Basically, it was a really good haircutting experience.
Contacts side note: It's so nice to actually be able to see what someone is doing to my hair during the haircut instead of after the fact. The things you perfect visioned people take for granted!
Then I went to get my oil changed. I had a coupon and saved $13. Score! They told me it would take about 45 minutes so I was willing to just put my earbuds in and watch something on Netflix but then Dustin offered to pick me up so that sounded like a better option. He took me back home so I could shower and change clothes. He dropped me back off and I continued my errands with a stop by my eye doctor to pick up a full year worth of contacts. The guy who works at the front desk knows me by name (which is something I miss about all of the places I used to frequent in Palm Coast!) and is always trying to get me the best deal. I originally asked for the least amount of contacts (as I don't wear them that often) but it was a better deal to just get a years worth. So now I'll have plenty to get me through yoga, haircuts, beach/spring days, and whatever other physical activities come my way.
I headed home and picked up my Dustball and headed back on the town to continue MORE ERRANDS! I know most people dread days like this but I quite enjoy them. They make me feel productive and I absolutely love checking things off my list in my head.
We were both starving so we headed to Five Guys. The guy who took our order was nice and also tried to get us the best deal. Then another guy came around to our table asking if we needed any condiments or napkins. So much nice.
Then it was off to GameStop so Dustin could trade in a few of his games that he's already beat. He was able to get 4,500 Xbox 360 live points with them which is like a $55 value. Awesome! He plans to use them for extra Tiger Woods stuff and to download Silver Linings Playbook on Tuesday for me! Yes! He'll still have so many points left over it's not even funny. The guy that worked there complimented Dustin's t-shirt and we were off. More nice.
Our last stop was Target. We needed to pick up a yoga mat for Dustin (Yes, you read that right. He is a week into DDP Yoga and loving it.) and a cooler for him to take for work. We did a mini grocery trip of things we were out of and we were done. Except we were in line checking out and Starbucks was calling my name. Aaaaaashleyyyyy! Dustin went ahead and took everything out to the car while I got my little mocha frap. The girl who helped me was so friendly and nice. She called me 'sweetie' (which normally makes me cringe coming from strangers) but it felt genuine coming from her. She handed me my drink, told me to have a nice weekend, and complimented my glasses. I was all smiley and thankful.
I don't know what it was but my day was filled with so many kind people. From my yoga instructor, to hair dresser, to the guy who helped with my oil change, to the guy who helped with my contacts, to the two guys at Five Guys, the guy at GameStop and the girl at Starbucks. They all were helpful, friendly, and most importantly KIND. It really helped put my already good mood into an extra good mood. Kindness really goes a long way people. Try it out!
The rest of the day was spent on my computer (working on blogs, editing video, jamming to music), watching DVR'd shows, and we ended the night with a Pens game. The last one of the regular season. They beat the Carolina Hurricanes 8-3! Dustin and I were screaming and jumping up and down with each goal. James Neal even got a hat trick! The real fucking deal! And it was the first time Jordan Staal had been back to Pittsburgh since leaving us for his brothers. Pens are going to the playoffs and the Hurricanes aren't. Enough said.
SUNDAY: I might go clean my car out but I will probably just hang around at home in my pajamas.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.