By the time I came home I was not feeling well. Sore throat. Stuffy nose. The works. UGH. I woke up Friday morning feeling even worse! I wanted so badly to call in sick but I can't really do that. I mean I guess I could but I don't have a back-up anymore therefore it all falls on me. I hope to change this going forward but for the time being I had no choice but to go in. Womp womp. I did what I needed to do while drinking lots of water and sucking on Ricola. I was certain I would at least be able to go home early. But then something else came up. And I had to stay. Talk about a shit day. I finally made it home by 4:30 after 40 minutes of I-4 traffic. The worst.
I woke up at 5am on Saturday morning due to not being able to breathe properly. It's awful to feel so exhausted but not be able to sleep. So I ended up finishing my book (a separate post is coming soon on that!) which was at least productive. I stayed in bed ALL day sleeping here and there when my body would allow - internetting and TV watching in between. Dustin was in and out checking on me and bringing me things. He's the best caretaker in the universe. UNIVERSE! There's no one I rather be by my side when I'm not feeling well. I mean, he not only went to buy me sprite and soup BUT also made a separate trip to get me tampons. (Yeah, I was cursed with a cold and a period AT THE SAME TIME which should be illegal.) If that doesn't scream KEEPER than I don't know what does. But truly, I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband - in good times and bad, in sickness and health.
I was able to watch The Way Way Back on my computer (while in bed of course). I loved everything about that movie. Seriously, start to finish was awesome. Steve Carrell's character was such a dick! Sam Rockwell was incredibly charming. And Allison Janney was hilarious. It's worth a watch just for her alone.When 8pm rolled around Dustin and I cozied up on the couch and turned on the Pens game. They played an outdoor game in Chicago. Outdoor games are fun in theory but when the snow is coming down hard it seems like there really is no point. We got our asses handed to us. I didn't even end up watching the whole thing it was so bad. But at least my boy Fleury looked ever so bad ass in his Steelers inspired helmet. If you can't win, at least look good while losing. Right?
Sunday was more of the same on the cold front. I was feeling better but still no where near 100%. I managed to go to CVS and to Firehouse without collapsing. But then life kicked me while I was just about to get up, as it always does. Dustin and I had heard a weird noise coming from my car while we were out. Once I parked, he found a nail in one of my rear tires. UGH. I was too exhausted to even comment on it. So I told him let's eat lunch and then worry about it. Instead of throwing a temper tantrum (which is really what I wanted to do) I sucked it up and took my car to get patched up. I was so over running around, especially on a Sunday AND WHILE SICK. Whine whine, yeah yeah. It was annoying but I got it fixed. Done and over.
I'm ready for a weekend I can actually enjoy! Only 3 days away...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.