I've been thinking about our anniversary for awhile now. Since the beginning of the year, really. I just can't believe it. Nine years. NINE YEARS. It boggles my mind that we've been together so long. Not because it's been a difficult road or anything (because it hasn't) but just because nine sounds like forever. I'm sure I'll laugh at this when we reach our 15th, 20th, 30th, etc. But nine out of 28 years is a huge chunk of time. We've been together a third of our lives. That's crazy and awesome!
The best part is we are still so happy. Still in love. Still best friends. Still changing but headed down the same path. I guess that's really the amazing part. It just comes naturally though. Sure, we have to work at certain things within our relationship and we always will - but mostly it's just easy. We just get each other. And there's not a day that goes by where I don't think to myself "I am so lucky". I really am.
Ours is a great love and St. Patrick's Day will forever be my favorite day.
* * *

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.