Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Currently


Watching: Cosmos! I've never seen the original Cosmos with Carl Sagan in it's entirety so I was super excited about this new series. I love science, space, knowledge, Sagan, etc. so I knew I would love it. Within minutes Dustin and I were both mesmerized. It's all so fascinating! My only complaint is that it airs on Sunday nights along with every other damn show we watch. It's always such a (ridiculous) struggle to decide what gets DVR'd and what we're going to watch live. First world problems or WHAT!

Last weekend Dustin and I finally watched 12 Years A Slave. I feel weird saying it was a "good" movie. It was of course but it was a really hard movie to watch. It does have some of the best performances I've ever seen in it (Fassbender and Nyong'o were especially). It just baffles me how anyone could treat other people with such cruelty. If I think about it too long it makes me physically ill. Solomon Northup's story is incredible. It's hard to put into words.

Listening to: Roman - Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not into rap. I never have been. Sure I will enjoy a popular 90s rap song once in awhile as a joke or because I'm feeling nostalgic but you'll never find any rap on my iPhone. I maybe have only 10 rap songs total on my iTunes library which is home to thousands of songs. Rap typically doesn't do anything for me because I don't find it catchy and also I feel like I can't relate to any of it. And for me, a song either has to be catchy or make me feel something...or both. Enter Roman. I came across him randomly via Vine. He and another Viner were promoting a music video for their 'Adore You' cover. I loved the cover so much I decided to check out the rest of his stuff on soundcloud. And I loved every song. I loved them so much I was ready to pay for each one. But they weren't available on iTunes. Then I found out that they were available to download on sound cloud - for FREE. I still feel like I owe Roman $5. I don't know what it is about his music that is different. All I know is that his songs put me in a good mood. They make me happy. So really there's no reason to even question it.

Reading: It's not even quite mid-March yet and I've already read 6 books. And yeah, I am totally bragging about that. I don't care. I'm just excited that I exceeded my reading goal in 2013 and I am starting 2014 just as strong.

I just finished Attachments by Rainbow Rowell last night and loved it! It kind of reminded me of You've Got Mail (which is one of my all time favorite movies). It had email romance and really great characters.  Rainbow Rowell has yet to disappoint. I've read all 3 of her books and have fallen in love with them all. I'm really looking forward to her next one which comes out this summer.

Thinking: I've been weird/off/sad/confused/overwhelmed for months. Some of these problems were entirely my own doing and others were just completely out of my control. But I feel like I'm really starting to get a grasp on doing my best to change the things that I can. I'm also working on accepting the things I can't and instead making the best of whatever it is. I know I'll never get it down 100%. I know I will always have to work at it. But I've noticed a slight shift in myself and the way I handle certain situations and it's been eye opening. It feels like a huge relief.

Excited about: Obviously our vacation to Pittsburgh! Two more weeks and we're out of here! Dustin and I sat down tonight and made a rough itinerary which made it that more real. It's all going to be happening so soon! BUT first, we're going to celebrate our anniversary. I am really looking forward to spending a fun yet low-key day out with Dustin this weekend celebrating our love. Is it Friday yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.