I'm not an artist by any means, but I'm creative. I love to create. I've had phases in a variety of crafts such as embroidery, calligraphy, sewing, scrapbooking, jewelry making (as in friendship bracelets lol), banner making, and once I made the front of a VW van out of cardboard for a co-worker's birthday celebration. My annual Valentine's Day cards are always hand made, never store bought, and typically recycled material of some kind (like the photo above where I used an old calendar because it was too pretty to not get more use out of). I love going to a craft workshop at SamFlax or The House on Lang. It's always fun and therapeutic for me to be creative in some kind of way; to sit on the floor, supplies scattered everywhere, cats on top of said supplies, with a podcast yapping in my ear, while working with my hands creating - it's ✨everything✨. I now give myself grace if I'm not good at something from the jump or ever. LOL Sometimes the point is just to do it for the sake of doing it. It doesn't need to be sold on Etsy or hanging in a fancy gallery.
So yeah, I dabble in the crafts. I'm a craft dabbler; always game to try something new or go back to something old. Once a crafter always a crafter.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.