Saturday, May 31, 2025

40 in 40 - Day 27 / Cut. It. Out.

 

The way I used to cut people off like it was nothing is truly embarrassing. But the emotional growth over the last decade, mixed with therapy has really impacted how I go about conflict with others for the better. Like of course we're all going to piss people off at some point, even the ones we are closest to (especially  them!) but that shouldn't mean the relationship is just over. Hash it out, take some time apart if needed, but  learn that conflict is just a necessary part of any relationship. Now there are still a few people that I do not have contact with but that goes back from day one and my mental health is so much better for it. Yes, sometimes it's necessary but I know now that using that as a knee jerk reaction is just a shitty coping mechanism on my part. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.