Saturday, May 17, 2025

40 in 40 - Day 13 / Feeling It Out

ashmaf876

I remember being a kid and adults constantly saying "I'm x years old but I don't feel my age." 

But maybe every age feels different to each person. You know how old I felt as a kid some days? More times than not I had to figure out my own dinner, wash my own clothes, & clean the house. The second I got a job, 4 months after I turned 16, I was then responsible for paying for my gas, car insurance, and my portion of the cell phone plan which I did with flying colors. I've already done the adult thing which is why I embrace my inner child so much now. 

Do I feel almost 40? No...and yes. Depends on the day. I nap like a retired 65 year old boomer but I still have the angst and silliness of my 17 year old self. The average of those two ages is 41 so I guess I'm right on track. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.