Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pinterest V.4




As you can tell, the link above doesn't have any kind of instructions to help create the really pretty double braid, bun look. So I just had to go for it and improvise. There were two attempts.

#1 - This was my own take on it. Basically the photo above was the inspiration for this. It's similar but not really the same thing. One bun, 2 small braids (left), and one bigger braid (right). It was fairly simple. All I did was leave some hair down on the left - braided two braids and finished with an elastic. French braided the left side. Grabbed all of my hair (except the top braid on the left) and swirled them around in a circle - placed an elastic around the whole thing. Then I swooped the top braid around the back of my hair and secured with a bobby pin. It kind of reminds me of my wedding hair which of course makes me super happy. I went to work like this AND to the gym. It stayed perfect the entire day. Success.
Untitled

#2 - For this one I tried to do exactly what is in the photo above. I separated my hair into three sections. I did the top bun first so it was out of the way. I can french braid like a mother fucker anywhere in the front of my head but I suck doing it on the sides/back. So I just tried to do regular braids and pull them back with the rest of my hair. Didn't really come together. I think one of the problems is my hair is actually TOO LONG for this exact hairstyle. Her buns are super small and cute and mine are huge! My braids didn't go as planned either. This one is a total FAIL.

I will definitely re-try whenever I decide to cut my hair. But I think I prefer my own ninja mohawk creation seen here.

Untitled

OUTTAKES aka Dustin wouldn't stop taking photos of me.

Untitled Untitled



I also tried making this super cute I <3 U card. There weren't any instructions or helpful hints for this one either. How convenient! So I was on my own again. I mean it's pretty self explanatory but still, this thing was way harder than it looks. Since I don't have any ink in my printer I couldn't print this out SO I freehanded it on some scrapbook paper. I first tried to use scissors but that was a disaster. Don't even bother with them. You really need a good craft knife. I have one but it was still kind of difficult.

My version, although not terrible, is not as crisp. The edges of the letters and heart are kind of rough but other than that - not too shabby. But don't think I'm making a bunch of these for Valentine's Day. Nope, never making this card again. This whole project was more of a hassle than anything.

IMG_7162

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.