Saturday, September 22, 2012

iPhone 5

We finally got our iPhone 5's after waiting a whole week! But seriously, the UPS guy didn't even deliver them until 6PM on Friday. We were probably the last stop on his route. Oh well, they are here and that's all that matters.

Dustin set his up right away. I was at the gym so I set mine up once I got home. My set up, however, was not as smooth as his. You have to call AT&T to activate it. Yeah, well I tried calling AT&T with the 5 instead of my 4. I had a long day, geez. I backed up my phone on my lunch break earlier in the day OR SO I THOUGHT. Well, my contacts, photos, and music were all there but none of my apps synced. Dustin noticed that the 'Sync App' button wasn't checked on my iTunes. I freaked. So I went and laid on our bed and downloaded every app - one by one. Luckily, the 5 is so fast, it wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it was going to be. Still a bonehead move on my part. Check that box people!

Things I'm Really REALLY Loving:
-The minute I held it in my hand for the first time I immediately noticed how light it is. A feather!
-The quickness. Holy hell it's so much faster. This LTE shit is no joke.
-The screen is obviously bigger. I love it because I can fit a whole other row of apps now.
-I haven't really played around with Panorama yet (but you can bet your britches I will at the Steeler game and when we ride up the incline! Those are going to be some killer shots.) but Dustin has. He took a picture of our kitchen and living room in one shot. Pretty neat.
-The extra emoticons that were added with iOS 6 are awesome. They have little glasses now! Eeee! Also a shrimp which could come in handy. iOS 6 is just cool period (for more reasons than awesome emoticons.) I know everyone downloaded it a few days ago but it comes standard on the 5's so Dustin and I figured we would just wait.
-The new maps is really cool. The 3D is especially cool.
-The two tone is pretty bad ass looking. At least the black one is. And since it is two tone there is more of a grip. I really hated the iPhone 4 glass back. It was so slippery! It obviously didn't matter with a case on but still.

Other Thoughts:
-Passbook is going to be so convenient once more companies get on board. But I haven't been able to do much with it yet.
-I haven't played with Siri once. She doesn't interest me. Dustin's all over her though. HA.
-I understand why Apple had to change the cable to a smaller version but now I have to change everything. So for the time being I can't charge my phone in my car. Grr.
-I hate not having a case. Like a lot. My case has been pre-ordered even before these suckers were officially announced but probably won't ship until the beginning of October. Until then, I'll keep treating my phone like it's a newborn baby. When Erin asked to look at it I was like sure and then said "Two hands now! Hold his head. BE CAREFUL!". I've turned into a crazy person. Or my crazy has just gone up a notch. Whatever.
-The new headphones are a little too big for my tiny ears. They are kind of uncomfortable but maybe I'll get used to them. I think I'll give them a proper test run at the gym tomorrow.

As I was looking for my iPhone 4 box (so I could send it in for $$), I came across my iPhone 3G. So I decided to do a little photo shoot with all 3. Four years of iPhone.

IMG_7173

IMG_7181

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.