Tuesday, September 11, 2012

10Q

This will be my third year participating in the 10Q questions. See my post from last year here. Basically, you answer 10 questions starting on 9/16 (one per day for 10 days) about yourself, about the year, experiences you've had, etc. and on the 10th day your answers are locked up for an entire year. Then this time next year you'll receive an email with all your old answers. Still confused? Read more HERE.

I received my answers from last year today in my email today. I was both excited and nervous to see what I had to say. I'm not going to share it all but here are little excerpts from my own 10Q.


Day 1:
Describe a significant experience that has happened in the past year. How did it affect you? Are you grateful? Relieved? Resentful? Inspired?
Your Answer:
Laid off. New job. Being away from Dustin for 2 months. Moving our life over to Orlando. Lots of change this past year. It made me really angry at first because it was all so hard. It was a true struggle but things finally worked out and although they are far from perfect, I am definitely grateful.
Day 7:
How would you like to improve yourself and your life next year? Is there a piece of advice or counsel you received in the past year that could guide you?
Your Answer:
Cherish the little things. Be grateful you wake up every day next to someone who adores you. You are fucking lucky. LUCKY! Remember that.
Sure, a new car, a bigger house, more money would all be nice - they would! BUT they aren't everything. You already have everything. The rest can wait. The rest will figure itself out. You just have to have a good attitude and outlook on it. Keep on keeping on.
And don't forget about the joys of crafting. That scrapbook you have been putting off - finish it! That apron you have been meaning to sew - do it! It's easy to get lazy so push yourself to create.
Day 11:
What are your predictions for 2012?
Your Answer:
New job for Dustin<-----------CHECK
Real vacation (cruise?!)<-----CHECK
More tattoos <-------------------NOT YET
End of the world<--------------NOT YET
I really recommend doing it. It's so neat to look back and reflect on life.

And if you're into this sort of thing, I also recommend FutureMe. It's pretty simple - you write an email to yourself and it will be sent to you in the future. You can write whatever you want and you can also choose when it's sent to you (6 months from now or 6 years from now). I have also done this in the past and already received emails. Pretty sure I have another one coming in the next few years. I can't remember when but that's kind of the best part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.