Proud of: Myself! I got over a phobia. I walked on a treadmill at the gym! OR at least took the first STEPS to getting over my phobia. Get it? HA. Ha? All kidding aside I truly was afraid of walking on a treadmill. (Weird, I know. But I used to/still am scared of taking things out of the oven. I'll save all my strange phobias for another post.) They just kind of scare me. I'm not coordinated enough to tackle that. I just envision myself flying against the wall like all those YouTube videos. Exhibit 1. Erin somehow talked me into it though. She walked me through it. (HAHA) I started at the lowest level but by the end of my 20 minute walk I went from 'super slow' to just 'kind of slow'. Progress! I feel good about myself and I'm glad I did it but don't expect me to be jogging on that damn thing. But no one tells you that for a good 10 minutes AFTER you get off the treadmill you still feel like you are on the treadmill. Very confusing.
Shocked by: Charlie. Erin's little dog Charlie held me hostage yesterday and it's going to take a little while to recover and rebuild our relationship. Erin and I had plans to hit the gym and then Tasty Tuesdays after work. Since I get out 30 min. earlier than her, she just gave me a key to her house so I could change and wait for her. I obviously offered to take Charlie out too since he had been in his crate all day. So I open the door and can see Charlie wagging his tail in his crate. I start talking to him and open the crate door. Then he lunged at me about to attack. Like what?! He continued to bark and growl at me but then backs into his crate. So I take the opportunity to shut the door because I don't want to get bit. But then I tried to lock it and he snarled through the bars. I held the door shut with my foot and he totally tried to bite my foot. I was seriously a little nervous of this little dog. Since he wouldn't let me lock the door I moved the garbage can in front of it just in case he tried to get out. I immediately texted Erin to HURRY HOME. I changed and played around on my phone (while Charlie barked at me from across the room) until she got there. She came home, let him out and he was a completely different dog. He was the Charlie I had always known. Hyper & friendly. He jumped on me to be pet. Wagged his tail. Rolled around on the floor. LIKE NOTHING HAD HAPPENED. I don't understand it. Maybe he's bi-polar. Maybe he only likes me when Erin is around. It's anyone's guess.
Excited for: I'm so thrilled that Sam and Pat got their keys to their new place today. I know how it is to look at a million places, then finally find one, then have to wait to move into it! Ugh. But the wait is over and they are probably moving box after box right this very minute. Yay! Congrats. Fist pump leg kick combo in celebration and for good luck.
Working On: A blog post that I have written and re-written in my head for years about WHY I choose not to have children. I feel like it's a subject people don't get and automatically judge. It might be done this weekend or next month. I want to get it just right because it's something that is very personal and something I feel strongly about so I want it to reflect my thoughts and opinions exactly.
Is it the weekend YET? Is it St. Patrick's Day yet?! Come on. COME ON!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.