Friday, March 29, 2013

Friendly Friday: Sam

I've been wanting to do a friend themed feature for awhile now. I just thought it would be fun to share my friends with the internets and maybe even learn something new about each of them myself. I'll be posting a new friend every Friday for the next month or so. Thank you all for participating! 

I've known Sam since kindergarten.  Yeah, crazy. Twenty two (almost twenty three) years of friendship.   She's the kind of gal who keeps it honest, laughs hard, and is always game to try something new. The term "YOLO" was created because of her. Always on the go, with a smile on her face. Her excitement is infectious and spirit one of a kind.  Her musically talented hands will make your ears happy and your heart whole. She's the perfect combination of tough and silly. 

Untitled


Favorite Quote
There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away,
Nor any coursers like a page
Of prancing poetry.
This traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of toll;
How frugal is the chariot
That bears a human soul!

My uncle put that in my birthday card when I turned 16, along with an Emily Dickinson book. It was the last gift he gave me before he died. He was a writer.

Celebrity Crush
This could take awhile. LOL Zac Efron, Elizabeth Banks, David Tennant (My Favorite Doctor), Natalie Portman, Miranda Kerr, Mila Kunis, Colin Farrell, Alexander Skarsgard, Ian Somerhalder...I think that does it. Haha.

One piece of advice you'd give your 16 year old self.
Get better grades!! Study more. Learn EVERYTHING. Not for the grade but just to learn.

Beauty item you swear by.
Concealer. I have the worst under eye circles. If I go out without concealer people think I got punched in the eyes.

Untitled Untitled

What does your typical weekend look like?
Depends. A lot of the time there is family stuff going on. We try to take time for ourselves but I have a big family. Pat is a trooper.

Best book, movie and song you've come across in the past month?
Book - Well, I haven't really read a lot lately. I know, shame on me. I am currently reading JR Ward book that just came to my Kindle. I like it a lot so far but I'm 6% in.

Movie - Pitch Perfect was pretty damn funny. Not a lot of substance but the singing and silliness was perfect. Ha.

Song - I have been obsessed with Rihanna's new song featuring Mikky Ekko, Stay.


Favorite fictional character and why?
That's so hard!! Why do you do this to me!!?? I absolutely love the whole Harry Potter theme for this. All of it. But I'm also in love with the Doctor as well. Let's just go with anything British. Haha.

Untitled

What are you passionate about?
Music, horses, and treating others how you would want to be treated. People judge too much, it's starting to really get to me. It's like "why"? When someone is rude to a stranger fo no reason to their face or behind their back. I know we all do it, even a little, but some people say things behind someone's back that they would never say to their face, especially online!! It's annoying as hell. I'm making it personal goal to not get caught up in gossip or anything mean, you know?

One goal you'd like to achieve by the end of the year.
To furnish our condo. Couch, dining table and chairs, and other miscellaneous stuff. I know it doesn't seem like much of a goal but I'm excited that Pat and I will be doing it together. Splitting the cost  of everything and it will be "ours".

Describe yourself in six words or less. 
One badass dancing machine!!

What does friendship mean to you?
It means taking the good and the bad. There is always going to be ups and downs in someone's life but when you have a true friend they will be there no matter what. That doesn't mean they always agree with your decisions but they will be there even when you do something stupid. But it's two ways. Good friendship is just as important as a good marriage. It's an equal partnership.

IMG_7382

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.