
Last Saturday, I was walking to my car after enjoying the Big Bang Bazaar and I heard my name being called. I never look (at first) when I hear someone scream "Ashley!" because well, there are a million Ashley's. This time though, it was Michelle, my ex-coworker/friend. She was having trouble finding the cottage by the lake where the bridal shower was being held. I knew it was next door to where I was but I wasn't exactly sure where. So she ended up hopping in my car and we drove down a little road and there were two little cottages. We parked and greeted everyone inside. I chatted with more people I used to work with and ate really good food. That seven layer dip is something out of this world. And I always forget how much I love deviled eggs until they are in front of me and I'm shoving my face. Mmm.

The first game was the world famous 'toilet paper wedding dress'. I remember doing this at my own Bachelorette Party. This time around I was on the other side of things. Also, we got to choose a partner. One person was the designer and the other the model. I played designer and took it very seriously. It was like I was auditioning for Project Runway (even though I've never seen that show). I created a short, tight, halter dress WITH A CUFF for Michelle to model. She could barely move in it but I was still proud. Best dressed list for sure. In the end we ended up losing because some other team thought to include TP shoes. Sigh.

We played a few other games too. There was one where we had to answer questions about the bride-to-be. I didn't do nearly as well as I thought I would have. I still stand by her favorite color is purple and not yellow. Ha! Also, there was a word scramble. I thought it was going to be easy but oh no, it had my brain working over time and on a Saturday no less. How rude. Lastly, we had to fill in famous spouses. I couldn't remember Clark Kent's lover to save my life. I kept wanting to say Lana Lang but that was in Smallville. LOIS LANE! DUH. Fail.

It was so much fun to watch Jesenia open all of her funny, sexy, awesome gifts. She was just smiling from ear to ear the entire time. I don't mean to brag buuuut my gift made her cry (happy tears of course!) Success!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.