Frustrated with: TVs. We have had the absolute WORST luck with TVs. We saved up a lot of money before we moved in together back in 2006. With that money we bought our washer/dryer, new bed, other miscellaneous housewares and a flat screen TV. It was our very first one and back then they were very pricey. That TV broke twice within the first six months. The first time it was repaired and the second time they gave us a whole new TV. It was under warranty but still.
We decided we wanted a new TV a little over a year ago. Our newest TV is bigger, lighter, and cost almost half of what we paid for our old one. It also broke within the first 6 months of having it. And it was under warranty. We even decided to extend the warranty because - obviously. Almost a year later and it's broken AGAIN. It is no longer under warranty but Dustin argued such a good point to Samsung that they are coming out this week to fix it for free. (As they should.) BUT COME ON. Both TVs are different brands yet they have both broken twice. It's so frustrating to spend so much money on something that is just going to break. We don't have rich parents who just give us shit. There isn't a TV fairy that just delivers a new TV out of the sky when it breaks. That shit is on us. There isn't even a word for how annoyed I am as a consumer. So much technology yet a TV is only good for a few months. REALLY? The funny thing is Dustin's old TV from his childhood (that we still have for the guest bedroom) has never had one problem. It's FIFTEEN years old. Just saying.
Watching: Mad Men. Still. I'm in the middle of Season 3. It's definitely starting to get better but I still fast forward through anything I find boring which is usually every time all the guys of the office have a meeting.
Dustin and I also started Breaking Bad. So good! SO GOOD. We just started Season 2 and hope to be all caught up by this summer so we can watch the the second half of the final season with the rest of the world. Heisenberg and Pinkman!
Also we have been catching up on movies which has been exciting! Is there anything better than laying on the couch with a snuggie, cold drink, and loved one while enjoying a movie? No. The answer is no.
Last weekend we watched Life of Pi and Celeste and Jesse Forever.
Life of Pi was much better than I expected. I wanted to see it but I expected to hate it. I actually enjoyed it very much. Visually, it is one of the prettiest movies I've ever seen. It's worth a watch just to give your eyes something wonderful to look at. The story is pretty interesting too.
Celeste and Jesse Forever had it's moments for sure but overall wasn't so great. I can't really get into the details without giving it away so just watch it and make up your own mind. Although, Rashida Jones and Andy Samberg were both adorable throughout.
Just this weekend we watched This is 40 (finally!) and Skyfall.
I loved This is 40. Yes, there was a lot going on. There were lots of characters to keep track of but ultimately it was hysterical and seemed to tell a pretty realistic picture of life with kids. I remember an old co-worker telling me months ago when the movie just had come out that it was very realistic. And people wonder why we don't want kids? Apatow movies are pretty much always great.
Skyfall was very artsy fartsy - in a good way. The opening credits with Adele singing in the background was just so cool. Daniel Craig is by far my fave James Bond to date. He's just so much more badass than the others. Javier Bardem was so wonderfully creeptastic throughout. His blonde hair was equally as disturbing.
Not Looking Forward to: This upcoming work week. It's going to be so very busy. I'm kind of dreading it. And Erin is leaving me to enjoy an extra long weekend in Texas. I'm happy she's going to spend time with her mom and get a much needed break but I'm kind of freaking out too. When she's out I am responsible for most of the things she does on a daily basis which is totally fine. It's just since I'm still new I'm still getting the hang of things. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I think. But I am bracing myself for the worst just in case.
Listening to: I can't get enough of Paramore's new stuff. I seriously can't wait until their new CD comes out. Hurry up April!
Also, Erin recently burned me a copy of Fun.'s 'Some Nights'. I had bought a few of their songs on iTunes but didn't want to buy the whole CD because I just wasn't sure if I would like it. Turns out that I LOVE it. I mean it's worlds different from The Format (always a fave!)/Steel Train but I still enjoy it. The music is so much different from anything I've heard. I like the creativity of it. Out on the Town is my favorite.
Angry about: Something that happened to me this afternoon. My blood is still boiling...
I was walking to my car in a Target parking lot with my earbuds in. I had just been to the gym and was in a zone. I wanted to keep listening to music. MY MUSIC. And technology is just so awesome that I am able to do so anywhere I go. So there I am standing next to my car changing a song on my iPhone. As I go to open my door I hear this lady yelling out her window AT ME. At first I kind of looked around because I thought maybe it was directed at someone else. Sure enough, she was looking right at me. YELLING with such hate.
Crazy Lady: You need to worry more about walking then texting!!
Me: Leave me the fuck alone! I did nothing to you!
Crazy Lady: Blah blah blah...while driving away.
Ok let me make a few things clear. First of all I wasn't texting. Yes, I was looking down at my phone for a second to change a song WHILE I WAS STANDING NEXT TO MY CAR. As I walked to my car I was looking ahead paying attention to everything around me. I never even saw this lady. We had zero contact until she started yelling at a perfect stranger for no reason. I immediately called Dustin to vent. I was fuming. Like who the hell does she think she is telling me what to do? Me listening to music and being on my phone did not effect her in the slightest. I DID NOT COMMIT A CRIME. NO ONE's LIFE WAS IN DANGER. I was minding my own business. She just thought she could throw her two cents around because she didn't AGREE WITH ME. Well fuck her. There are a million things that people do that I don't agree with but I don't go around yelling at them. The world is full of things people don't like but that doesn't give you the right to be nasty and rude. No right at all.
The thing that she didn't know because she was too busy assuming and judging me, is that I woke up this morning feeling incredibly insecure about my body. I'm not typically the girl who picks apart my appearance. But this morning I just wasn't feeling good about it because this is life and those days happen to us all. So I went to the gym. I had a good workout while listening to good music. I was feeling better. I'm not defending listening to my damn iPhone because I don't have to, I'm trying to get my point across that a little kindness goes a long way. Hell, I'll settle for just not being mean. It goes back to that saying "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all". She went out of her way to be mean and all that resulted from it was a big chunk of my afternoon being ruined because I was so angry I could hardly breathe. So thanks for that lady.
I lose more and more hope for humanity each and every day and this is just a perfect example of why.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.