Reading: Landline by Rainbow Rowell. This is Rainbow's newest book and I'm flying through it. It's just a fun read and of course I'm anxious to know how it all ends up. I have read everything she has written and I've never been disappointed. I just love her writing style but especially the dialogue she writes between characters. I'm excited to finish this one but kind of don't want to at the same time.
Watching: Summer sucks for TV. Dustin and I had to watch Mountain Men the other night because Naked and Afraid wasn't on! Yes, I just typed that sentence. For any Mountain Men lovers, I was glad to see Lucy was not attacked by a coyote but caught on a tree. Whew!
Thanks to Katie's suggestion, I watched 112 Weddings the other night. It's a documentary about a wedding videographer. He revisits all the weddings he has filmed over the last 20 years and sits down with several of the couples to ask them various questions about marriage. It's just so real which I loved. No one was living a fairytale but they were still perfectly happy. Then of course others were divorced or in the process of doing so. It was such an interesting hour and a half.
Listening to: Cecilia and the Satellite by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness. I love Andrew. I have always loved him. I will always love him (and every band he puts together). When I first heard this song a week or two ago I got chills. It's a good song. It's very Andrew. But what got me most were the lyrics. I absolutely love that he wrote this for his daughter. I love being reminded that good dads are still out there.
For all the things my hands have held,
the best by far is you
Over: EA and all things Sims. EA had a big conference the other day where they made no mention of The Sims 4 for Mac. I was so pissed. I still am. To those who are thinking right now "It's just a game. What's the big deal?", you're right, it is just a game. This is absolutely 110% a first world problem - as they say. But it's something I have enjoyed since I was a teenager and now I won't get to experience with all the other Sim fans. It's like looking forward to your favorite author to release a new book but they will only release it for Kindle and not hardback. And you don't own a Kindle. It's frustrating and it sucks! I wrote them a letter. I straight up took pen to paper and spilled my love for a "stupid video game" and sent that sucker to EA today. I guarantee it will mean nothing to them. I doubt it will even make it to anyone that matters. But I needed to get that out of my system and I honestly do feel better. I also put all 7 of my Sims 3 games on half.com. The game is 5 years old and it's time to say goodbye. Right now, I'm just over it. Anyone have any new video game suggestions?
Grateful for: Second chances and reconciliations. A dear friend recently came back into my life. We went our separate ways last year and hadn't had contact since. I wish I could say I was the brave one who reached out, but I wasn't. I'm not brave. I'm a grudge holder. I mean, we can all agree there are certain people we've known that deserve no part in our life ever again but there are others you shouldn't shut out forever. Sometimes a break is good but make it short and temporary. So here's to the future and all the wonderful and horrible shit we'll go through. We can do it. Together.
Wanting really bad: These damn boots I saw on Pinterest. I thought they would be in my price range since they are from Urban Outfitters. But $250? For shoes. No. NO.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.