Wishing: a Happy Birthday to Miranda! It's crazy to think she was only 13 when Dustin and I got together. I've gone from driving her to Flagler Beach on the Saturdays Dustin had to work at Starbucks to shaking my head at those rebellious teen years of hers to being proud of her for moving out on her own just a couple weeks ago. It's been a wild ride but I'm lucky to call her my sister.
Listening to: I Seem Fun; The Diary of Jen Kirkman Podcast - A little backstory...So I was listening to the Monsters in the Morning a lot for the past few months because they had a Podcast section on the iHeartRadio app. which basically means talk radio without commercials and the option to fast forward. But then the Podcast section went down and as far as I know still hasn't been fixed and it's been weeks. Also, SBK left the show. So I was just over that whole thing. I also listen to Tom and Dan but I'm all caught up on their shows and sometimes they talk too much about things I have zero interest in lately. So I was telling Dustin I wanted to find some really awesome female Podcasts and that's when the light bulb went on - JEN! I've watched Jen Kirkman on Chelsea Lately, keep up with her on twitter, and read her awesome book about not wanting kids. I have heard her mention on several occasions that she has a podcast but I never thought to listen to it for whatever reason. Well I started listening to it last week and I'm already on episode 11. I love it! First of all, she records all the shows in her bed. She doesn't have any guests. No bits. It's literally just her talking about her life. I imagine it how it would be if I created an audiobook of all my LiveJournal posts. I enjoy listening to her while I'm getting ready for work, driving, and working out at the gym. It's like listening to a friend. She's cute, funny, and kind of crazy. So if you're bored with the radio or your current iTunes playlist, check out Jen's podcast. It's FREE!
As far as music goes I have of course been listening to Taylor Swift's Shake It Off. It's so fun, catchy, and very Taylor. I can't wait to hear the rest of her new pop CD.
Watching: True Blood! The last episode ever! Ahh! I jumped on the True Blood bandwagon way late in the game. The show started in 2008 but Dustin and I didn't get HBO until 2011 so I had a lot to catch up on. I've been hooked ever since. Now that's not to say the show hasn't been awful at times because it has. I almost gave up on it several times. Some story lines were just so completely ridiculous or boring or didn't fit in. But overall I love that damn show. Jess has always been my favorite but I also really love Eric, Pam, Jason, & Lafayette.
I won't go into too much detail aka spoilers but I loved that Jess and Hoyt ended up married. I always loved them together. Also, her dress (and whole look) was beautiful. Now that's a wedding dress! Simple and elegant. No princess bullshit in the Compton house. I of course loved Eric's playful scenes in the series finale. Ha! So fun! I was pretty happy about how Sarah Newlin ended up. Yeah, you are a terrible person. By the end of this show I was so over Sookie. And Bill. And especially them together so I was perfectly happy with how their relationship ended. Overall I was happy with how the show went out.
I recorded the VMAs solely for Taylor Swift's performance. I watched all of 5 min of the entire two hours. I'd stop and watch and just make a face at the TV and fast forward again. First of all, who are 95% of the people at these shows? I recognized Gwen Stefani, Taylor Swift, and Lorde. That was about it. The show was terrible times a million. I didn't like any performance I saw (which was about 10 seconds of each one). And yeah, that even goes for Taylor. I thought her performance was so bland. I'm not expecting and certainly not wanting her to pull off a weird Miley finger foam twerkfest but I was expecting some originality in her style. Booo! I think it's time to do away with this whole awards show.
Reading: If I Stay by Gayle Forman - I didn't know this book existed until I heard the movie trailer say "based on the best-selling book..." which got me even more interested. I've always loved reading a book before seeing a movie. I can't do it backwards. If I've seen a movie I can't go back and read the book. The book always comes first or not at all. It's just some weird thing I have. I immediately wanted to see the movie but I figured I might as well read the book first because 98% of the time the book is just better. So I downloaded it on my Kindle on Sunday and have been flying through it. I'm 38% done and at this rate may finish it before the weekend. I feel like the ending will be predictable but that's just my guess.
I'd also like to note that I just finished A Wrinkle In Time last weekend. I've been checking off "classics" for years that I either never read in school or didn't pay attention to when I was forced to read it. This was a book I've always heard about but never read. It's technically a children's book but it felt more young adult to me. There were parts I found very interesting (time and space!) and entertaining (foreign planets and beasts!) but I hated one of the main characters - Charles Wallace. He has to be the creepiest five year old ever. Overall I think the book is overrated but it had some really awesome parts.
Looking forward to: This weekend! DUH! I could not be any more ready for this long weekend. Dustin and I have no plans of our own but I do have plans to see some of my favorite people. I can't wait for some serious girl hangs! Girl talk! Girl laughs! Yeah!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.