Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Gentleman's Brawl

It was another great weekend. It's actually rare that weekends aren't great because even if life is shit at least you have sleeping in late, catching up on DVR, and not having to shower or wear any pants. Weekends are my jam. I went to several stores over the weekend on the search for two particular pieces of clothing for my work appropriate Halloween costume. I was able to find one at the mall and Dustin found the other at Walmart today. So now I'm set! 

Saturday night, we went over to Sam and Pat's so we could all head to the Solar Bears game together. We stopped for dinner at Ale House first. I've been there twice. Once for a birthday party where I brought in Starbucks while everyone else drank beers and shots ant what not and the other time was with my mom. It's decent but it's certainly not one of our go-to spots. I got their clam chowder soup and ate the entire thing. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was! Noted! But their fries were crap. 

We headed to Amway and made tons and tons of dong references because how can you not when you pass by Dong Imports on Colonial Drive. Exactly. It's humanly impossible to not giggle a little or for 5 minutes straight. We parked, we walked, and we were seated. It was extra exciting because Sam and Pat had never been to a real hockey game. I mean, the Solar Bears aren't in the NHL or anything but it's as real as any of those games. It was fun watching them experience it all for the first time. The cold air, the pucks hitting the glass, the refs getting knocked over, and of course there's nothing like witnessing your first goal. 

Sam and I had gone to get drinks and snacks and while out and about we ran into Shades (the mascot). It was his birthday so everyone got their own pair of SB glasses. Dustin actually really likes his and has worn them every day since. Ha! So we asked Shades if he'd take a photo with us and he was totally game. One of their dancers was really sweet and took the photo. Boom! 

As we were walking back to our seats Sam and I got to see the Solar Bears score for the first time. The whole place (all 6,000 of us) went wild. We watched the back of Dustin and Pat stand right up and cheer them on. There is nothing like being a part of the action when your team scores. They scored a couple more times but in the end they lost 5-3. Womp womp. It was such a fun time. We are already in talks to go back to another game sometime soon!

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.