Thursday, October 30, 2014
Swiftie for LIFE
I pre-ordered Taylor's 1989 from Target (bonus songs duh!) the minute she announced it. That was all the way back in August and October 27th seriously felt like it was light years away. Ok maybe not THAT far but it didn't feel close. So I impatiently waited. I focused on other new music that had come out. (This fall has been so busy in the new music department!) Then she released two songs a couple weeks before the entire album. I bought them both EVEN though I had already pre-ordered it. Eh whatever. It's my money! She started posting lyrics on her Instagram feed and I watched videos about her secret sessions and it made me SO EXCITED. Like teenage girl excited. I feel like I'm supposed to be ashamed of this at twenty nine years old but I'm not at all. Dave Grohl gets it. I'm very open about my Taylor Swift obsession/love/girl crush/BFF from afar. Sure I like a pop song here and there, we all do. WE ALL DO. But she is just so much more. She seems so genuinely awesome and that mixed with actual talent (she writes, sings, and plays multiple instruments) makes for one hell of an artist. Whether her music is your cup of tea or not, you have to admit she's got way more going on than any other artist on the radio and beyond. I got my pre-order tracking info. last weekend and proceeded to check it multiple times a day. Monday aka release date arrived and my CD showed that it was in Orlando!
Ok awesome! I would probably have it by the time I got home. Wrong.
Ok, no problem, I'll definitely have it Tuesday. Wrong again.
I finally got it Wednesday even though it showed that it had been in Orlando since Monday AM. What the hell UPS/USPS?! I was driving Dustin and I to get dinner so he ripped the package open for me and popped in the CD. He loves the song "Bad Blood" so we played that one first. I got butterflies of excitement the whole drive. I mean, every song is just perfect. It's all so 80s pop but still so Taylor. I love her full leap into a whole new genre of music. It fits her well. I've had the CD on repeat in my car. On my phone. On my computer. I have her songs with me everywhere I am. I can't get enough. Dustin even recorded audio last night of me singing (to myself in the bedroom) while he was watching TV in the living room. When he played it for me I was so embarrassed. Embarrassed of my singing voice. It was like he overheard a private moment between Taylor and I. It sounds so stupid when I type it out but whatever.
At this point I definitely have my favorites but I don't dislike any of the songs. It's one of those albums you can listen to beginning to end not just skip around to a few different tracks. I'm so in love with New Romantics. Also, Blank Space. And Bad Blood. Oh hell, I can't choose. I love hearing the background of the inspiration behind some of the songs. For example, You Are In Love is a song she wrote about Lena Dunham and Jack Antonoff's relationship. It's the sweetest song. Lena loves it so much she's already picked it as her future wedding song. This album/CD/work of art is perfect.
Thank you Taylor. You are a delight.
Here are my favorite lyrics from each song:
1. Welcome To New York
Took our broken hearts, put them in a drawer
Everybody here was someone else before
2. Blank Space
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
'Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game
3. Style
And when we go crashing down, we come back every time
4. Out of the Woods
The rest of the world was black and white
But we were in screaming color
5. All You Had To Do Was Stay
People like you always want back the love they gave away
And people like me wanna believe you when you say you've changed
People like you always want back the love they pushed aside
But people like me are gone forever when you say goodbye
6. Shake It Off
I never miss a beat
I'm lightning on my feet
7. I Wish You Would
I wish we could go back
And remember what we were fighting for
I wish you knew that I miss you too much to be mad anymore
You always knew how to push my buttons
You give me everything and nothing
8. Bad Blood
'Cause baby, now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love
Oh it's so sad to think about the good times
Band-aids don't fix bullet holes
You say sorry just for show
9. Wildest Dreams
Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress staring at the sunset
10. How You Get The Girl
Remind her how it used to be
With pictures in frames of kisses on cheeks
11. This Love
This love left a permanent mark
This love is glowing in the dark
12. I Know Places
'Cause they got the cages, they got the boxes
And guns
They are the hunters, we are the foxes
And we run
13. Clean
You're still all over me like a wine-stained dress I can't wear anymore
14. Wonderland
And life was never worse but never better
15. You Are In Love
You keep his shirt
He keeps his word
And for once you let go
Of your fears and your ghosts
You kiss on sidewalks
You fight and you talk
One night he wakes up
Strange look on his face
Pauses, then says
"You're my best friend"
You can hear it in silence
You can feel it on the way home
You can see it with the lights out
You are in love
And you understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars
And why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words
16. New Romantics
We cry tears of mascara in the bathroom
Honey, life is just a classroom
Labels:
music,
random,
taylor swift
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.