Eleven
Your Current Relationship
I've talked about Dustin and I all over this blog. The short and short of it is this..."met" via Myspace, met in real life 2 months later, got engaged on our four year anniversary and married on our fifth. And now we have been together fourteen and a half years which is INSANE. We are almost at the point where we've been together HALF of our weird little lives and we're only 34. Our relationship isn't without hardship. Actually I'd say this has been the hardest year of our marriage thus far but such is life. We go through shit here and there. We get on each others nerves. But we forgive, at least Dustin does. Ha! But for real, Dustin is the one who usually apologizes first and gets over shit so quickly. I'm the one who holds on to it all before finally realizing how much of an ass I'm being. Opposites attract! But seriously it's a flaw of mine that I don't like and I work on all the time. He's honestly the best even during our hard times. He calls me every morning on my way to work and texts me to ask how my day is going. He gets up to come hug me every day I walk in the house from work. Sometimes we eat dinner together (usually while watching a mutually favorite show - We're currently watching Bob's Burgers) and sometimes we don't. Sometimes we go to bed at the same time but a lot of times we don't (because I can't stay awake to save my life and he's a video game playing night owl). I really love the balance we have of having our own interests and enjoying activities together. We are great at communicating. Neither one of us is ever shy about bringing up an issue so we can discuss, fix, and move on. We're both extraverted introverts and always prefer to have a weekend of no plans than to have to run around a bunch of places. He's great in a crisis - usually keeps his cool and makes jokes to lighten the mood. My anxiety makes me freak out about most shitty things no matter how big or small. We both love eating dinner at restaurants at 4pm. We both feel it necessary to arrive at the airport 2 hrs beforehand no matter what. He supports me and respects my body (none of that possessive shit where a guy tells you what haircut you should have or not to get that tattoo or what birth control you should or shouldn't be on etc). We agree on all the major political stuff (so thankful for that because that would be a dealbreaker - maybe not so much 10 yrs ago but 110% nowadays. Guhbye Trump supporters. Sorry not sorry.) And we are both very committed cat parents. So this relationship is working out just fine.
He's hardened me and I've softened him. I couldn't see doing life with anyone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.