Friday, August 23, 2019

30 Day Writing Challenge: Twenty Three

Twenty Three
A family member you dislike

There are so many! How do I choose? Jokes. Kind of.


I honestly wish I could answer this in open honesty but I feel like that would kind of be a dick move. I will just say there are several relatives I no longer have relationships with. If you know KNOW me then you know who these people are. I don't need to name check them on a public platform in some petty way.

I like to be figuratively "loud" about anything I feel passionately about, such as, certain political views, the choice to have children, and the choice to cut ties with relatives. These are hills that I'm prepared to die on. So many people have this idea ingrained in them that because they share a name or DNA with someone then they must always keep that person or people in their life, and I'm here to remind you that that is simply NOT TRUE. If a relative is constantly hurting you no matter how minor or major it is you do not have to stand for it. You don't have to call them any more or answer their texts or see them at family functions. One of the coolest things you get to do as an adult is CHOOSE the life you want, and in doing so you get to make the call on those that get to share it with you. Family is more so the people you choose than the ones you're born into. So no, I won't go into "a family member I dislike" but I will say I'm proud I've cut those people out. My life is happier, healthier, and less drama-filled. Guh-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.