On June 19, 2006 Taylor Swift was introduced to the world with her song 'Tim McGraw'. It has officially been 13 years since then and if you know Taylor you know her number is 13. She not only used to write it in marker on her hand back in the old days but she chose 8/23 to release her new album, Lover, because the numbers add up to 13.
Since it's release week I figure I'd post a few Taylor blogs. This one is a look back on all of her albums and what songs really stuck out and still do for me. I know every Swiftie is different and loves different songs (although I'm sure we can all agree All Too Well is one of her best).
Taylor Swift
Top 3 Songs
- Our Song
- Should've Said No
- Tim McGraw
Least Fave Song
- Tied Together With A Smile
I'll never forget seeing the music video for Tim McGraw and thinking "I love this!" which was a little odd for me since I had kind of given up on country at that point. But she continually put out hit after hit and I was hooked.
11.11.2008
Fearless
Top 3 Songs
- You Belong With Me
- Fifteen
- White Horse
Least Fave Song
- Forever & Always
Fearless was more of the same from her debut for me which means it was still great and still country.
10.25.10
Speak Now
Top 3 Songs
- Enchanted
- Long Live
- Back to December
Least Fave Song
- Last Kiss
This was the album that turned me from normal fan to rabid fan. Everyone says Red was the album where she started to go pop but I really think it was Speak Now.
10.22.2012
Red
Top 3 Songs
- All Too Well
- 22
- Begin Again
Least Fave Song
- Treacherous
I remember this album coming out when Dustin and I were up in Pittsburgh and I made him listen to it on repeat every time we were in our rental. These songs always remind me of fall. Also I loved her fashion aesthetic the most for this album.
10.27.2014
1989
Top 3 Songs
- Blank Space
- Bad Blood
- Style
Least Fave Song
- Shake It Off
Taylor moved completely to pop and it was (and still is) so appreciated. I'l always love her country roots but I think pop music really suits her. This album including the Target deluxe songs is perfection.
11.10.2017
reputation
Top 3 Songs
- Delicate
- New Years Day
- Call It What You Want
Least Fave Song
- ...Ready For It
This is probably my favorite Taylor CD as a whole. I love every single song (so choosing a least favorite was hard because it's still good!).
8.23.2019
Lover
Top 3 Songs
- Lover
- The Archer
- You Need To Calm Down
Least Fave Song
- ME!
I can't say much about Lover yet because I'm only working with 4 songs so far. I'll have a full review once I get to listen to the whole thing. So far so good though - minus ME!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.