I would re-read it several times a year along with the rest of the HP books that followed. I would get so excited to get done with my school work just so I could have the last 10 minutes of class free to read. I also handed it out to any classmate who was remotely interested. I just wanted to share this world with everyone. I still don't know anyone who has actually sat down and read it, not like it. Maybe they aren't as passionate as I am but everyone I know who has given a shot, has enjoyed it.
For the last 12 years I have gone to midnight book release parties, waited in the long lines at the theaters on opening day, and even braved a roller coaster just to get more of Harry Potter, more of the wizarding world I just love so much.
I remember holding the Deathly Hallows book in my hands for the first time. It wasn't like all of the others I just tore into. I was excited to see how it all ended but I was nervous it wouldn't end the way I wanted. I had a great expectations for the last book but I quickly learned to never doubt J.K. Rowling. She is just brilliant. That book is brilliant. I also remember the bet Dustin and I made. He always thought Snape was a good guy and I was never convinced of it. Dustin ended up being right which won him a free dinner.
It feels like forever ago that the release dates were announced for Deathly Hallows Part I and II. I remember thinking, wow that's years away. That's going to take forever! It's come and gone just like that.
I took Friday off work which was partly due to the fact HPDHP2 was out but I also had a doctor's appointment. The first half of my day was pretty shitty. I'm not a fan of getting my blood drawn and just so happened to pass out at my doctor's appointment. Thankfully the day got better and as soon as we pulled up to the theater to see HPDHP2, I immediately got a rush of happiness and excitement.
I had bought our tickets in advance a month prior for the 7PM show. I wasn't sure if I could get the day off so we were planning on going as soon as I got out of work. But everything worked out and not only did I have the day off but Dustin got out of work fairly early. So it was 3:30PM and we were ready to see HP! The theater was nice and let us switch our tickets out for the 4PM show. I was so giddy as we sat there waiting for the movie to come on. The moment it did I almost flew out of my seat. I was tapping Dustin on his leg in excitement.
I cried through out the whole thing. Dustin kept leaning over to give me part of his shirt sleeve to clean up my face. There are so many great scenes in the book and they really did each one justice in the movie. The greatest part of it was being back at Hogwarts. Also, seeing so many friendly faces and then of course Harry Potter defeating Voldemort. It went out on top. I left feeling completely satisfied.
I was blown away by each book and I felt the same way with the movies. They really stayed true to the books and I have always appreciated that. I think every fan has.
I was so happy to see the final numbers for the weekend over at Mugglenet which can be found here. It broke several records! Top opening weekend movie of all time, midnight release, opening day, and presale tickets! Go Potter!
Thank you J.K. Rowling for creating such a fantastic world. I will forever love getting lost in it. Thank you Mugglenet for keeping me up to date on all things Harry Potter over the years. I will continue to follow and enjoy this website long after the dust has settled. Thank you to the entire cast for bringing these beloved characters to life and especially Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint. This series would have been nothing without the three of you. And lastly, thanks to Harry Potter who is indeed a fictional character but one who I will always see as a friend.
This video got me all teary eyed.
And this one made me laugh.
And finally, this is Dustin and I after seeing Harry Potter and running to the car in the pouring rain. What a rush.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.