Kids at the movies.
I don't know how Dustin and I always end up stuck in theaters with babies/young kids but we do. And it's annoying. The crying, the high pitch squeals, the constant talking = ruining my movie experience. Not cool people!
When I go see a movie that I'm paying practically $10 a ticket for, I want to be able to enjoy it. I want to sit back and relax. I want to take it in completely. You know what I don't want? I don't want to give dirty looks to the parents who brought a 6 month old baby to the movies and just sit there while their baby screams. I don't want to miss what's going on in the movie because the little kid behind me keeps asking a million questions.
Dustin and I have recently seen Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows PII, Captain America, X-Men First Class, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Super 8, etc. You want to know what all these movies have in common? They are all rated PG-13. And yes I even checked on Fandango. We are not going to movies that are rated G where I would expect to see children. I don't even remember the last time Dustin and I saw a G rated movie in the theaters just for this reason. We much rather enjoy it later on when it comes out on DVD in the quiet of our own home.
What is the deal? Why bring a 3 year old to see any of the movies I listed above? Sure, maybe some have super heroes in them BUT I wouldn't say any of them are for young children. So basically it comes down to parents being selfish. It just seems that they want to see this movie so bad they don't stop and think of how a whiny or loud or obnoxious kid can really mess up a movie for everyone else.
Dustin and I don't have children yet (and possibly never will) because right now we realize how big a sacrifice it is. I see it as giving up my freedom. Giving up my trips to the movies. I'm not ready for that so we don't have any. If we did, I GUARANTEE that child wouldn't see a movie in the theater until it was 5.
Hey parents, I don't hate your kid but please do all of us movie go-ers a courtesy and leave the little ones with a sitter. No sitter? Please look into netflix.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.