Monday, August 15, 2011

Drunken Monkey & Sparkling AJ

Early last week I got a facebook message/invitation for a meetup with some lovely lady friends of mine that I haven't hung out with in a really long time. I looked forward to this all week. We finally got together last night. We all met at the Drunken Monkey. It was my first DM experience. It's a really cute place. A little hipster-ish but with charm. They have food and all kinds of coffees and other drinks, most importantly Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Juice. Not only did I drink one while hanging out with the girls but I bought 3 more to take home. Two of which are already in Dustin's stomach. I also read on DM's website they have board game nights. Sign me up!!





We spent four hours catching up, laughing, reminiscing, & laughing. Here are some of my favorite stories that popped up in our conversation.

Colby told me she remembers being at my house (sometime in elementary school) with a few other girls, and my mom made us lunch. Apparently one of us dropped a tomato seed on the carpet and my mom flipped out. She told us all to go in the kitchen until the seed was found and thrown away. My mom is still a freak about her carpet. AND it still drives me crazy. I laughed over that story for a good five minutes straight just because it's so ridiculous and so something my mom would do.

Story number two comes from Amanda. I had sent her a postcard a few years back of a little cottage on a hill. She said at first she thought it was a joke. She couldn't understand why I sent her such an ugly postcard. Maybe I just wanted to get rid of them? She still hung it in her room with a group of postcards from other people for months until one day when Alex noticed it. She of course knew what it was right away being a fellow Harry Potter lover. It was of course Hagrid's hut. The funniest part is I remember picking that card out of my little HP postcard book that I think I got in high school. Not sure why Amanda got the hut but there you have it.

IMG_6222

I enjoyed every minute with them. It had been far too long. I just hope it becomes somewhat of a regular occurrence. I need more nights like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.