Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Friday Five (a day late)

Things that make my life easier (and probably yours too!)



1. iPhone 4. (I guess any kind of smartphone really BUT I just happen to prefer the iPhone). Obviously it does a lot of cool stuff that is just for entertainment purposes which is great but I rather focus on the things that really help me out. First, the GPS/map feature. I used to get really bad anxiety about driving somewhere unfamiliar. I worry no more because I always know where I am. Then there is the weather app. If I was out and about and saw clouds or if it started to rain, I would call someone and ask them to look up the weather. Which way is it headed? How long? How bad? But now I don't have to bother anyone. I know exactly what the weather is doing. Internet + phone = genius. If I forgot to pay a bill - BAM done. I don't have to wait until I come home to worry about it. Plus being able to receive my emails instantly is just so nice.


2. Jar Opener. Dustin's grandma randomly gave us one when we visited them in Pittsburgh last year and it is a life changer. I used to struggle to open my Apple Juice. I would wait until Dustin woke up and ask him to open it. (And by the way, he had trouble too so it wasn't just me.) But now I can open practically get into anything by myself with the help of this lovely little device.




3. DVR. I remember the days where I would be out with friends and cut it short because I had to race home to catch that week's episode of Felicity. OR I would ask my mom to record (and by record I mean with a VCR and VHS tape. ha!) a show but it never quite worked out. I would be watching my show and then in the middle of it Victor Newman would pop up. But now thanks to DVR I can record every show my heart desires, watch it whenever the hell I feel like it, AND the best part is not wasting time on commercials. Commercials are like sitting in traffic - just a waste of time. Even the Superbowl ones.



4. Calendar. This is probably pretty weird for most people (especially since everything is digital and paperless these days) but I love my calendar. I like to visualize what my month looks like - whose birthday is coming up, when bills are due, and weekend activities planned. It keeps me organized and on top of everything.



5. Remote Control Ceiling Fan with Light. I was totally fine with getting up and down to turn lights on and off, to change the speed of the fan but then we moved into a house with a remote. The ceiling fan had a remote! It was all very new to us and although it seems like it might make someone lazy, it's quite convenient. When you have had a rough day and you are laying on the couch lifeless watching some crap reality show and all you want is to cool down and you don't feel like getting up - problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.