How often do you wash your hair?
How often SHOULD you wash your hair?
Serious questions here people. I had to get to the bottom of it. AND I think I did.
I did some research. First I asked my close friends and then I asked the same question on FB.
And the results: 4 people (including myself) wash their hair every day and 10 people wash it every other or less. I had no idea so many people went a day or two without washing their hair. But the more I discussed it with everyone it makes total sense.
Lately, my hair has been feeling pretty dry. I tried this shine shit you spray in, but that didn't really do anything except make my hair smell really good (not that it didn't already smell good - just even better!). So after talking to some friends, I decided to try and go every other day. At first it was really hard. I love routine and breaking one I've had for so long was tough! The first day I felt gross. I felt like I had serious dirty hair but I'm pretty sure it was just all in my head - ha!
It's been about a week and I actually have noticed a difference. My hair is much smoother feeling and looking - BOTH wash and non-wash days. I don't have any more of the frizz EVEN in the crazy Florida humidity.
Today I went to have my hair trimmed (trying to grow it out) and the hair stylist told me I have really healthy hair but I do have a dry scalp so I'm hoping skipping a day will help with that as well. She also agreed it's better to not wash every single day. She told me how important it is to let the natural oils come out to give your hair that extra moisture. I never really thought about it like that. I felt like an idiot. DUH!
I've decided I'm going to keep it up unless I am sweating a lot or out swimming. Basically, I'm only going to wash it every single day if NEED BE.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.