Dustin and I got up early this morning, picked up Miranda and Justin, and headed to Wekiva Springs for some canoeing. The only time I have ever canoed was on a lake and that had to be at least 10 or more years ago. I have been wanting to go forever so when Miranda mentioned it last weekend, I was all for it.
The boys sat in the back and steered the canoes, while us girls were in the front. It took awhile to figure out how to maneuver the damn thing. Dustin and I bickered a bit due to running into a tree (where a huge spider web got on my arm!) and we also got stuck on a tree branch that had fallen in the water. Thankfully we managed to get unstuck and we were on our way. We went all the way up to Wekiva Island then turned back around.
The trip back was much more relaxing since we both got the hang of it. We didn't run into anything! Success! On our way back, we passed canoe after canoe. I'm just glad we went early so we didn't have to deal with all the people. It kind of takes away from the scenery. Plus a lot of idiots were out - not paying attention to anyone else.
After we brought the canoes back we all took a dip in the swimming area. It felt so good.
Overall, it was a fun little trip. It's nice to do something new every once in awhile. And outside in the middle of nature.












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.