I walked in and saw two balloons on my office door. I smiled quietly to myself and thought, "Oh Erin...". I opened the door and three more balloons popped out. I gasped and then laughed. I thought all of the surprises were over but no! I sat down and got comfortable. I turned on my computer just as I do every morning but then I jumped and almost fell out of my seat when I saw my new desktop. Erin strikes again! Then she brought in a whole container of homemade cupcakes WITH PURPLE ICING. Not only did they look good but they were the lightest, fluffiest, cupcakes I've ever tasted. I ate two.
The managers at work offered to buy lunch for the office to celebrate my birthday. I chose Firehouse. Yumfest 2013!
Erin and I met up at Mellow Mushroom for dinner, just the two of us. It was supposed to be a birthday dinner bash. Then it turned into a birthday double date. And ended up being a birthday girl talk sesh, which was totes fine by me. We shared a House Pie (so many veggies!!) and talked and laughed. She gave me my birthday presents and OMG. She got me two things that I saw at the Big Bang Bazaar that I fell in love with but didn't end up buying. She remembered that from months ago. That alone is the greatest thing. A Harry Potter inspired print and the cutest origami bird necklace. Oh and a book mark that could be mistaken for a weapon which is exactly how I like my bookmarks, thank you very much. She also paid for dinner. Like what?! How is she so awesome?
I came home, checked the mail, and found a box. Good things always come in boxes! Well, except in Se7en. Oh, and GoT. But in my life, good things always come in boxes. I walked into the house, grabbed a pair of scissors and sat on the floor. I opened it up to find the cutest drawing on a card. Artist: Sam. I removed all of the tissue paper and found so many little treasures, all individually wrapped, with little notes on them. ALL OF THEM! I mean, so incredibly detailed. I set them on the ground and started to unwrap them one by one. I'd finally see what was inside and I'd open my eyes real wide and smile. Then I'd say out loud "OMG, so cool!" like I was turning 12, not 28. I got everything from body scrub to nail polish to lipstick to magnets to this generation's version of Bop Magazine. I just couldn't believe all of the time and thought that Sam put into it. Sambox > Birchbox. There just aren't words for how grateful I am.
I was still sitting on the floor amazed with everything when Dustin came over, took my hand, and helped me up. He said he got me something too. I was confused because he already gave me my birthday present two weeks ago (Bloggie Video Touch!). He lead me into the kitchen to a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I hugged and thanked him. Then he told me there was one more thing. I'm like "WHAT?!" and then he pulled out a Carvel cake. He had wrote 'Verm' (His nickname for me. He actually only calls me Ashley when we're in front of other people.) in icing. I kissed and thanked him AGAIN. It was just so unexpected and sweet.
I wasn't even planning on writing this post until we got back from our trip but I just feel so overjoyed that I wanted to get it all out. I feel so happy that I could cry (which really makes no sense but I'm just an emotional person! deal with it!) I'm not close to my family and I don't have a ton of friends but I still feel like I have it all. I think all anyone wants in life is to feel needed. Wanted. Important to someone. And just loved. And today, the eve of my birth, I feel all of those things thanks to three very special people. You guys ARE my family. You guys are everything to me. I appreciate all of the details, the time, and effort put into everything just for me. I feel really special and I want this feeling to last forever.
Meatball, Shad, and Boo - I love you to the moon.
Always.


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.