Saturday, June 1, 2013

Resolutions: May


Hair - Hahahahaha. Ha. HA. Well...yeah. I chopped it off and don't regret a thing. I'll write a separate post about the experience because hair always deserves it's own post. 

Read a new book - The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker. I finished this within 48 hours of starting. It was absolutely wonderful. I always love a good coming-of-age story but this one has a little sci-fi twist. It was just such a fresh and interesting story. I hear it's going to be made into a movie at some point which is exciting!

My favorite quotes from the book:

"But I guess it never is what you worry over that comes to pass in the end. The real catastrophes are always different - unimagined, unprepared for, unknown."

"My friendships were disintegrating. Things were coming apart. It was a rough crossing, the one from childhood to the next life. And as with any other harsh journey, not everything survived."

"And this one fact seemed to point to other facts and others still: Love frays and humans fail, time passes, eras end."

"We told stories and we fell in love. We fought and we forgave. Some still hoped the world might right itself."

Give or help out in some way - 

I made a pledge to Kate Earl who needs help so she is able to go on the road this summer with her son. Such a great artist and an amazing mom.

I also bought an Oklahoma Benefit Tank Top where all proceeds went to help those effected by the horrible tornados. 

And finally, I bought puppy food to donate to ARNI (in Daytona) except I forgot it was in my trunk. It's still in there, I just have to get back over to Daytona soon so I can drop it off. They have lots of babies and need all the donations they can get so I might try and buy some more.

Bake a new recipe - And CHECK. Nutella Swirled Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Go to yoga - I couldn't remember if I had been in May but according to FourSquare I was there May 4th. Score!

Write a handwritten letter - I did indeed. It went in the mail last week. 

Save - I actually was able to a little bit for once. Such a great feeling!

Travel - Palm Coast/Flager Beach! East Coast what up. Hey Gulf, I'm coming for you next!

Outside - Nope not really. It's hot and muggy and sticky and A/C is just so dreamy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.