SATURDAY: The only plan I had for the day was to attend Lindsey's baby shower. I had bought her little baby girl a few outfits months ago so I was excited to finally give them to her. Also, I was going to get to hang with some old co-workers. It was a win win all around.
The shower was held at a beautiful Italian restaurant. I drive past it all of the time but never have we eaten there. It's a super cute place with lots of charm. The party was held in this gorgeous sunroom that is separate from the rest of the restaurant. And then there were the wood beams on the ceiling! I was just so in awe of the place. They even have a garden in the back that sits on a lake. Apparently they host all kinds of events in and outdoors. So neat!
Michelle and I sat down and caught up on things. We talked about each other's baby gift. We talked about cleavage. You know, the usual. We wrote a wish for Lindsey and her family and hung it on a tree. Our eyes widened in excitement when we were told that the candy on the table were for us! Not just Michelle and I, but all of the guests, obviously. We took a little baggy and went to town. M&Ms - check. Chocolate covered pretzels - check. Sour worms - check. Carole arrived a little later and joined in all of the festivities, especially the candy bar. We played one game of 'Guess the Size of the Belly'. Michelle for the win! I went over. Womp womp. It was clearly not my strong suit.
We enjoyed a wonderful meal (salad, pasta, CAKE) and finally got to watch Lindsey open all of her presents. And she certainly had a lot! That's one lucky little baby!
It was such a nice time. I loved getting to hang out with all of the girls again. And I was so happy to see Lindsey for the first time since I left back in January. It felt like old times. It was probably the best baby shower I've ever been too. It was fun and creative and even a little fancy. Perfection!
Once I came home, I changed into my PJs and pretty much stayed that way until Monday morning. I caught up on Guiliana and Bill/Tia and Tamara. Lots of reality TV watching was had and I am not ashamed one bit. Later on, we ran to the grocery for the basics (and yeah I was pissed that I had to put pants on for 15 min!). While checking out, Dustin struck up a conversation with the teenage cashier and bagger. They were both clearly annoyed with the previous customer and her stupid coupons. Side note: Coupons are awesome. I'm all about them. BUT when you are making trouble for the cashier and other people in line, just pay the extra 50 cents and go on your way. Dustin made them laugh, gave them advice (because we are practically their elders), and discussed video games with them. I loved that he did that. He knows from his own teenage experiences how it is working at a grocery store and dealing with all of the crazies. I'm glad he could lift their spirits a bit. What a bud!
Later on, Dustin and I worked on our very first Vine together. It was Dustin's idea. Then I added one little suggestion. It took both of us 4 takes until we got it just right. I can't stop watching it! It's so ridiculously funny. Yes, I am totally patting us both on the back.
SUNDAY: We did nothing. Nothing except going to get milkshakes from Steak-n-Shake. I ordered a vanilla. Dustin ordered a side-by-side banana/vanilla. When the kid at the drive-thru gave them to me, I asked which was which. He didn't know. Then he said "I'm sure you guys can figure it out." THAT IS NOT THE POINT. We are trying to figure out whether or not you guys fucked up. He didn't really seem all that concerned either way so I ended up driving away. They gave us one vanilla and one banana. FAIL.


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.