Proud of: Dustin (and myself)! We have recently made a conscious effort to work out, cut down meal portions and eat much healthier. The last time I was at the gym was right before my birthday (yeah a month ago). But then I got sick and obviously needed to rest my body. And then I just got lazy. I like the gym when I'm there. I hate the getting there part. That's where I cringe. My membership is almost up and I don't plan on renewing it. But just because I don't want to renew doesn't mean I want to stop working out. I have found some really great workouts on YouTube (and remember I got some new weights!). Plus I'll continue to go to yoga when I can. Dustin's been doing his own routines, switching back and forth between yoga and kettle bell. Fingers crossed we can stay consistent with it all! The food thing is the hardest though. We are a cheeseburger loving family. And ice cream too! I'm not cutting that stuff out entirely but I certainly don't need it every day. We will see how it all works out but so far so good.
Thinking about: Shaving. This topic came up yesterday because of this conversation:
Me: Ugh, I missed a patch of hair on my leg this morning.
Erin: I can't believe you shave every day. You're abnormal.
This sparked a iMessage survey wherein I asked a couple girlfriends what they think on a certain topic and then kick it around in my head for a bit. None of the girls I asked shave daily. Nope. Maybe I am abnormal. And then I remembered reading this. Yep, I'm abnormal. FINE. BY. ME.
The thing is I feel dirty when I don't shave (even if I've just showered). And it literally takes maybe 3 extra minutes every morning in the shower so why not?! It's part of my routine. Like washing my face is. Also, I'm married. I'm not saying you have to shave your legs daily to have a successful relationship but I feel like it certainly doesn't hurt. I like when we're laying on the couch watching TV, my legs draped over Dustin's, and he says "Wow, your legs are so smooth!". Hell yeah they are. I do it for him. I do it for me. Shaving is awesome.
Worried about: Rain.
Anxious: to plan our next Pittsburgh trip. We can't start anything until the NHL releases the 2013-14 schedule so we know exactly when they have a home game on a weekend. Because we obviously have to go to a Pens game. Last time we were up there the damn NHL was in the middle of a lockout so they owe us. Actually, we should be able to go for FREE. Just saying. Hopefully we can go sometime in October/Early November when the weather is pretty (leaves!) and cool (no snow!).
Thinking about: my blog. I want to kind of spice it up a little. I of course love my LJish let-me-give-you-the-play-by-play posts but I want to blog more about my views, opinions, memories, and what not. I want a little more depth. I kind of want to push myself in the writing department. I'm not really sure how this will work yet but I'm brainstorming.
Crying because: I just scared the shit out of Dustin. I straight up crawled behind the coffee table and jumped out next to him (while he was in the middle of a hockey game). At first he was scared, but then I could see anger all over his face, and finally he laughed it off. Oh, and I got it all on VINE! So I can watch on a loop until my heart's content. This is what married couples without kids do. HAVE FUN! This time around it was more fun on my part but whatever. I should probably sleep with one eye open though. Payback is coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.