I was looking for something on Netflix (took a break from FNL) when I came across the Katy Perry: Part of Me movie. Don't judge! I've always liked her music but I'm not exactly a Katycat, if you know what I mean. But after watching POM, I've got a new respect for that girl.
Dustin and I planned on going canoeing this weekend but it was raining when we woke up Saturday morning. So we checked the weather which told us it would probably rain on and off all day. Sigh. Plan B was going to see World War Z. I wasn't impressed with the first trailer for this movie but then the second one got me really interested. Dustin read the book on our flight to Pittsburgh last year so he knew more than I did. Although he said that the movie was a lot different from the book. However, we both really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was really well paced, clever and not like any other zombie related movie/TV show I've ever seen. I liked that it was different. I liked the story line. And the beginning of the movie made me really emotional, especially the scene in the grocery store. It just seemed real which is kind of terrifying.
We ate lunch at Fridays after the movie. The place was dead which is exactly how we like a restaurant. Our waiter talked in the 'moviefone' voice the entire time we were there. I thought it was hilarious. I mean, not only was he talking in this crazy voice but he was using all of these big words when he brought us drinks or asked if we needed anything else. I laughed every time but he never broke "character". This guy was committed. He must be in some improv class or maybe he just enjoys giving people a laugh. I enjoyed myself either way.
We stopped by Target as one does on the weekend. I was on the hunt for some weights. I had 3 pounders that got lost in the move but it was time to bump it up to 5 anyway. Target had neon green 5 pound weights because Target has just about everything I need. On our way out, there was a whole dinosaur party section. I'm talking dino plates, napkins, favors, HATS, & TAILS! Of course I tried on a hat. Then I tried to put the tail on but it was too small and then I felt fat until Dustin reminded me "this is made for children." Oh yeah, forgot about that!
Later that evening, we hit up Cold Stone. I had been craving a waffle ice cream cone for a good week (thanks to my lovely period) and finally she was all mine. Dustin got his waffle cone in a cup - which I should have probably done as well. It's like Alanis always says "You live, you learn!" We sat in my car just eating all of the cold sugary goodness. I forgot how messy ice cream cones are! Plus, I'm just a messy eater in general. I had bits of waffle cones falling in the cracks of my car. Ice cream itself was dripping down my chin. Dustin just laughed at me. Of course I didn't have any napkins in my car either. Dustin looked at me and said "There are socks in the backseat" and I responded with "Ok, that will work." We both wiped our mouths with a sock from my backseat and just started cracking up. We have so much fun together it's not even funny. But in this case, it was kind of hilarious.
I have been feeling fairly normal for the past week. My sinus infection is no longer an issue and dare I say it's gone. But then over the weekend my left ear started to hurt, along with my throat. WTF. I was JUST sick. I kind of panicked, thinking I was getting this shit all over again. Dustin suggested that we try the ear drops that were prescribed to him last year. I agreed that I rather do that then spend $120 more at the damn clinic. I'm a horrible patient. I usually cry or squirm or whine at most MD visits. I wasn't looking forward to him dropping my ear but the pain was so bad that I was up for anything. I laid on my right side with a towel under my head. I could hear him unscrew the cap and I just lost it. Screaming. Crying. LIKE. A. LUNATIC. He immediately stopped and just gave me a hug. We gave it another go. I still cried but we got through it. He held my hand with one hand and dropped my ear with the other. My ear was in pain, sure, but I just hated the feeling of liquid in my ear. Seriously hated it. Man, Dustin is such a champ because I was getting annoyed with myself, but he was patient and kind. And here it is Monday and my ear is feeling better. Ha.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.