I decided to take myself to lunch. I ordered myself a lovely turkey sub from Firehouse and sat down - alone. I watched Friday Night Lights via my Netflix app. on my iPhone while eating said sub. I feel like sometimes people don't spend enough time alone. I make it a point to go eat alone a few times a year - like out in the world. (I eat alone all the time at work, home, etc.) I welcome the opportunity. Sometimes I'll browse social media sites or I'll read a book or just people watch. It's just kind of refreshing.
I hit up Old Navy (Mom got me a gift card for my birthday - HOLLA!) and Target while I was out. Then I swung by my old job to pick up something but also to visit with everyone. I tend to swing by every couple months. I ended up staying 2.5 hours! They are the greatest people ever. I had a blast sticking my head in each cubicle and it made me really happy when they all gasped in excitement to see me each time. I helped Michelle pass out some things and caught up on the gossip and what everyone had been up to. I complimented all of their patriotic decorations. Go Party Planning Committee! (I miss those meetings and of course everything that came from them!) Walking in the warehouse and seeing my old department/desk brought back a flood of memories and it honestly felt like I never left. I felt like I could've picked right back up where I left off. But things happen for a reason and I'm happy in the choices I've made. I miss those people terribly but I know that just because we may not see each other every day anymore it doesn't mean we can't be apart of each other's lives. And actually I've invited them all out next Friday. So let's party it up! Real hardcore, with cupcakes!
Dustin and I were able to buy pretty much all of our groceries from Target but we still needed macaroni salad. And there's only one place you get mac salad - PUBLIX. So I told him to take everything to the car and I'll run next door and grab the mac salad. As I'm walking into the store I realize that my shirt is inside out. I immediately panicked. I thought everyone was staring at me because of it. "OMG, look at that idiot who can't dress herself!" Like anyone really gives a shit about me. But in that moment I felt like I was under a microscope. Apparently, when I was getting dressed (from trying on those damn dresses for a second time) I had put my shirt on backwards. I even had Dustin button the back for me because I was having a hard time. I was having a hard time because the shit was inside out! And Dustin managed to get it buttoned AND DIDN'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING. We walked around Target and he didn't even notice. WTF. Boys! I feel like the biggest idiot. HA!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.